Tuesday, June 15, 2010

All Star!

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and that means its time for another SSD Sketch Challenge with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design!


Here is our third sketch for this month from Teri Anderson! I won't lie, this one was a toughie!


Eventually I just couldn't cut the basketball so it isn't exactly the sketch, but still close! I used the set All Star for this card, and it was perfect for the sentiments around the edge and the bouncing basketballs!

Two fun "techniques" on this card! For the bouncing look of the basketball, I stamped it at the bottom, and then kept stamping upwards so it was the "stamping off" effect to get them lighter. Then, for both the basketballs and stars, I flipped the stamp around and stamped the "back" of the stamp to fill them in.



Not sure if you can tell, but I ran the ball through my Big Shot to get the dots, and then sponged orange on for more dimension. Fun little card and it was a great sketch to get me thinking outside the box!

Supplies
CS: Black, White, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Black
Stamps: All Star by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: silver brads, Dots plate w/ Big Shot

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Jen Ingle
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
June Guest Sketch Artist Teri Anderson

1 comment:

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is such a fun card and perfect for any little boy! Great job.