Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Blog Carnival & a LO

Ok yes Mother's Day is tomorrow, but if you still don't have that perfect gift, make sure you check out the Mother's Day Blog Carnival at Craft Critique! There are lots of projects listed there, and hey, maybe you can give a gift of homemade love, right? ;)

Yesterday I got to have lunch with my friends Barb and Kelly, and Barb surprised me with this cute calendar and nugget tin! Thanks again Barb! Barb is so wonderful, I miss our crafty talks and just chatting each day! We used to work together and I miss them all incredibly, so it was nice having a catch up! We'll all see each other again at our stamp party next Saturday though so that will be fun.

Also, because I am a glutton for punishment, or something like that, I decided to try Amy's 1-10 challenge again! Last night I worked on this layout after my friend Stephanie (hi Steph!) picked up her little girl, Jake had left to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street movie, and the kids were in bed. Steph and I trade babysitting which is great, except when we all want to go out together. ;) Then we hire a sitter, haha.

Anyway, this layout follows the rules of having the word "Grow" in your title as well as the 1-10 items. I used the May Commit 2 Paper kit for this page, and a few other embellishments. This feels a little busier than I normally do with my layouts, but I really like the overall look and the title fitting with the picture and the garden of flowers.

*1 PHOTO
*2 stamps - title is stamped
*3 brads - in centers of prima flowers
*4 different cardstocks - purple, vanilla, eggplant, baja (photo mounts, background and strip)
*5 different patterned papers - large floral, journaling style strip, cream lined, blue lined, floral
*6 staples - on ribbons
*7 eyelets - in center of flower at bottom of page
*8 buttons - mini buttons in flowers
*9 bling - in centers of flowers and butterflies
*10 inches of thread or ribbon - 10 inches exact ;) - 3 on side and 7 on bottom


Here are some close ups of the brads, buttons and bling.




So, have you tried this challenge yet?! If you do, be sure to upload your layouts to Soul Scrappers and tag your photo with the keyword THC9 (or see Amy's post for specific details). You have until Thursday, May 13th to upload for your chance to win a prize!

Supplies
All supplies C2P May 2010 kit unless otherwise noted
Misc: Prima flowers, Top Note die, Short Order Alphabet, Scallop Edge punches, Eggplant ink, baja, very vanilla, eggplant CS, Bazzil purple CS, purple eyelets, mini buttons, blue gemstones, staples

3 comments:

Della said...

This is a great pic Kandi!(awesome layout-of course!)The kids were all so little!

Barb's Boys said...

I love it! That was a fun challenge! I don't know if I posted mine on the right spot, may need to post it again...I love your flower garden, is that part of a scallop circle punch, or a pre-made flower?

angry-amy said...

did i tell you that i loved this layout?