Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy NSD!

Happy National Scrapbooking Day! Last night (with a glass of wine in hand, ha!) I set out to tackle Amy's 1-10 challenge. I love how it turned out, but wow it was a hard/super fun challenge trying to incorporate everything into one scrapbook page! I sketched out everything before hand on the sheet I printed the instructions on, and then it was all about just making everything fit. I really encourage you to try it, I think you'd be surprised what you can come up with!


Here is my page - Grow Old With Me




As a reminder, here is the criteria:

Spring has sprung, that means we are going to see growth everywhere. That said, use the word GROW or some variation in the title of your layout and make sure that your layout illustrates growth in some way, shape or form.

The twist: this is a 1-10 challenge. You must use the elements listed below to create your layout using the specified number next to each element. You may use more than the required number if you like but this will not give you extra bonus points.

So, can you spot everything on my layout?! Its like a treasure hunt or an iSpy almost! :) Here's the run down if you are curious!

*1 PHOTO - obvious, haha
*2 stamps - flourish to side of photo, spiral flourish at bottom before words (clear embossing)
*3 brads - actually used 4 rhinestone brads (not same as bling) 3 in flourish, 1 in spiral
*4 different cardstocks - black, white, baja, gray
*5 different patterned papers - 2 strips at bottom, 2 on the butterfly, and 1 on flower
*6 staples - at each end of the ribbon at the bottom
*7 eyelets - trail on the side of the butterfly
*8 buttons - 3 in the prima flowers, 1 on butterfly, 1 in large flower, and 3 in flourish stamp
*9 bling - more than 9, but the ZVA Creative crystal flourish on side of photo
*10 inches of thread or ribbon - ribbon at bottom above paper strips

So, think you can tackle this? I'd love to see what you come up with! In Amy's original post it has instructions for uploading (remember PRIZE!) and I can't wait to see what you do! I'm off to get my nails done, head to the scrapbook store, have some lunch with my Gwynie girl and then come home to scrapbook! Jake surprised me this morning with a Starbucks coffee (White Chocolate Mocha of course) and a $100 bill to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day so I'm super excited to get my day going! ;)

May the mojo be with you today and have an awesome scrappy day!

2 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi you did an awesome job as usual, I was trying to come up with some ideas last night while watching TV with DH...thought of the swirls from Baroque Motifs...I may have to give it a try when he goes fishing tomorrow. That is so cool that Jake surprised you with 'fun money'...very nice!

Pren said...

forget the page...which btw is gorgeous, as always!... is that you in that pic!? omg your wedding dress is amazing and i MUST see a full length photo of that thing PLEEEEAAAAASE. its so fluffy and i LOVE a wedding dress.