Monday, May 3, 2010

Dear Gwyn...

Well I don't know about you, but I'm not quite ready to give this weekend up! I feel like I didn't get a single thing accomplished! Guess I will just have to buckle down this week to get stuff done so I can actually enjoy the weekend, right?!

Since the May Commit 2 Paper kit is on sale now, I thought I would share a layout with you! You'll be able to see the rest of the Inspiration Squad's layouts around the 15th!


This is a layout I created this weekend, and I was inspired by the journaling/notebook style paper to give some "advice" to my Gwynie girl. What better advice to give her than the words that can be found in the Class of 99 song? Remember that? I picked out the pieces I liked best to tailor it to her. And yes, that is hand stitching on the title! ;)







Here is the journaling:
Do one thing that scares you everyday. Sing. Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours. Floss. Don't waste your time on jealousy. Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults. Keep your old love letters. Stretch. Dance...even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room. Read the directions, even if you don't follow them. Travel. But most of all, wear sunscreen.



Also, the call for the Mother's Day Blog Carnival is up at Craft Critique! If you have some cards, scrapbook pages, crochet or knitting projects, ANYTHING that is Mother related, or gifts, etc., make sure to submit your link to be included on the carnival! The carnival will run on May 7th.



Here is the info from CC - Just email us at carnival@craftcritique.com with a link to your blog post (not the blog itself... JUST the post or individual posts, okay?). Do this before May 6th, 6pm Central Time. Feel free to send in old posts, new posts or posts from your BFF's blog... anything goes... but it must be Mother themed, and it must be on a blog.



Dear Gwyn
Supplies
All supplies C2P May 2010 kit unless otherwise noted
Misc: Bazzil Basics stitch template, DMC floss, Prima flowers, buttons, Baja cardstock, Twill tape

3 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Awww Kandi, that page is so sweet! I love the hand stitched title and the flowers going up the side and the fact that it is 'journal paper'. So sweet!

Della said...

I'm bawling my throat sore!

angry-amy said...

what a gorgeous layout. cant wait to see what else you come up with using this kit. you surely cant top this layout!