Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wishing You

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another SSD Sketch Challenge Tuesday with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design! This month we have a new Guest Sketch Artist, Kimberly Crawford! Kimberly is so extremely talented, and you probably recognize her name from the numerous magazines she's been in. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Here is our sketch for this week - #19:




And here is my take on the sketch! Let me tell you, this one was a toughie for me! I couldn't settle on anything, and kept pulling things out until I had a huge mess on my desk! Finally, I decided to use Donut Birthday mixed in with Cupcake Cutie! Both these sets have the same font, and the same yummy factor, so they work really well to mix together. Donut Birthday was offered as a Buy 3 get 1 Free set earlier this year, and I'm super excited that it's being released this month! Next week to be exact! There will also be a new set unveiling next week as well!


The candle and "Sweet!" sentiment are from Cupcake Cutie, and the sentiment "Wishing you a day full of sweet surprises!" and donut are in Donut Birthday. I added glossy accents to the icing on the donut, and to the candle. I am looking forward to pairing these sets up to make so many more fun and yummy cards!

PS - This is my second post for the day. Please scroll down for my project created for Your Memories Here as their Guest Designer for April!



Supplies
CS: Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Very Vanilla
DSP: Pink Pirouette Prints Pack
Ink: Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie and Donut Birthday
Misc: twill tape, Scallop Edge border punch, glossy accents, Copics - E51, B14, RV11, Y13

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!

Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
April Guest Sketch Artist Kimberly Crawford