Monday, April 5, 2010

Things I Love...

Back today with more April Commit 2 Paper layouts! Are you tired of them yet? I sure hope not! I did 10 layouts with this kit and loved every single one of them! Plus, I still have two 12x12 sheets and lots of scraps and embellies left over!

I mentioned I created one of my all time favorite layouts here a week ago. This was the sneak peek:



And here is the full layout!




The sneak peek you got was of this tree! I free handed the tree trunk, and stamped it with my woodgrain background to add a little dimension. I wanted to make a heart shape, but not overly heartish, you know because it was for Brady. So I did a rough heart shape with the "leaves", and then hand stitched around it. All of the pieces were from scraps! Then I smeared some paint on (EcoGreen again), and added my title and journaling. I did a messy kind of hand writing, just letting it flow. I like it, but don't like it at the same time. Oh well, its done now. ;)


Here is a look at the journaling, which basically inspired the whole design! Just little things that I love about my Brady. He's so freakin cute and funny and awesome. But we all think that about our kids right? ;) This is another example of letting the journaling tell the story for the pictures. Just looking at this kid makes me smile, and I wanted to document the fun things about him that I absolutely love.



The journaling reads:
- Your giggle and gut busting laugh!
- The way you can melt my heart with those gorgeous brown eyes and turn me into putty in your hands!
- Your undying curiousity and unending random questions!
- The way you brighten my day with your quirky sense of humor!
- Your super sweet dimple that matches Gwynie's!
- The angel kiss in the center of your neck! I hated mine growing up, but I love it on you!
- Your utter devotion and love for your big sister!


Tomorrow is SSD Sketch Tuesday, as well as my first post as the YMH Guest Designer for April. Wednesday I'll be back with more layouts in my countdown to the Inspiration Squad Gallery reveal on the 10th!



Supplies
All supplies came from the April C2P kit unless otherwise noted

Things I Love
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: White EcoGreen paint, DMC floss, Zig marker, 1 in, 1 1/4 in and 1/2 in circle punch, misc buttons, book pages, Thickers, Fancy Pants decorative stick pin, SU Chocolate Chip ink, Chocolate Chip CS, Woodgrain background stamp

3 comments:

Della said...

This is so precious. I have always loved your pages. Just that something you do that makes them all so special. It's pretty cute that you loved playing with paper dolls as a little girl, and you have been playing with paper ever since!
Love you!

Kristina said...

Very cute Kandi. I love your hand written journaling.
Hugs,
Kristina

mE said...

This is a SUPER COOL layout!!! I love all the little details and whimsy! AND you have way pretty handwriting :)

~Inky Smiles!
Erin