Friday, April 2, 2010

Snow and a Cold....REALLY?

Seriously, Mother Nature played a cruel trick yesterday for April Fools. SNOW!!! Lots of SNOW!!! To top it all off I came down with a cold. Wednesday night my throat hurt, my body ached and my head was pounding. Gwynie made me go to bed at 8:30 (the boys were at wrestling practice). Cute kid taking care of Mom. ;) I woke up Thursday still hurting all over and my throat was killing me. Grrrr April 1st! I still feel cruddy....I plan on staying in bed most of the day, but its TGIF right?!



Jake took this picture Thursday morning before he left for work....brrrrr! All that green coming out for Spring, but nooooooo, it has to be covered in this crappy white stuff!




So since I was feeling crappy the last two days, I decided to show more layouts I did with the April Commit 2 Paper kit! (And because my title fits in with a page, ha!) Also, I think you will see how versatile this kit is because these two pages look nothing like the three I showed yesterday here. I thought it would be fun to do a countdown of sorts leading up until the 10th for the full reveal on the C2P site so you'll see layouts all next week as well!


I love how this page turned out! During the two weeks I worked with this kit, I focused on telling the stories behind the pictures. So many times my journaling is about where we were, what we did, when it was, etc. Of course that's great, and I will always fall back on that, but with the pictures I choose to use, they weren't really themed like a trip or a holiday. So I focused on the pictures and told my story with them. I think over the next week of sharing these layouts you'll really see what I mean! :)

This blue 12x12 sheet and the two yellows are included with the kit, along with the Thickers. I free handed the scallopy circle and cut it out, then added the buttons. The paint is from Eco Green Crafts. (More on that later *wink*).




Here's the journaling I was talking about, and how my title fits, haha! "1 More Picture" Really? REALLY? Oh Brady's face!






Journaling

On lazy Sunday afternoons I love to take pictures of the kids. Unfortunately, Brady would much rather play at the park instead of posing for me. His faces totally crack me up! July 2007



This page doesn't have any journaling, but I didn't think it needed to. A simple title B&G works for me.


The fun thing I did on this page was to add ribbon behind the chipboard circle in loops. It made a flower, but didn't feel too girly to me to add to this page for Brady. This also fits for Challenge #22 - Come up with a new use for ribbon from the 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges book!



Aren't these so totally different from yesterdays layouts?! I really love what I've shown you so far, but I still haven't shown my favorite yet! Tomorrow is another "Wrestling Weekend Day" (Jake is coaching tonight as well) and then Easter, so I'm hoping to get some crafty time in either tonight or tomorrow night. Have a Happy Easter, and I will be back with more C2P April layouts on Monday!

Supplies
All supplies came from the April C2P kit unless otherwise noted

1 More Picture
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: Blueberry EcoGreen paint, SU buttons, DMC floss, Signo Gel Pen


B&G
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: White brads, Brocade Blue Grosgrain ribbon (SU)

3 comments:

kT said...

oh!! snow! that's horrible! it was 80 here yesterday ;)

Hopefully you're feeling better soon honey!

I love these layouts, i love how they look NOTHING like anything i put together. haha.

Barb's Boys said...

You were so right about Brady's expressions-too cute, and I love the way your journaling is on the paint, nice touch. B & G...hmmm...boy, girl or Brady and Gwynie...great job!

Barb's Boys said...

And don't you just love the snow! You'll have to check out my Sassy Snow...at least it put me in the mood to be able to play with my new set!LOL