Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kissin U

Today is our DT reveal for Create It Green! This month was an "anything goes" challenge instead of having a sketch. It was so fun coming up with the idea for this layout and then finally sitting down to do it! I love having these challenges because I feel I push myself a little more to be "Green" in my pages, and incorporate things I wouldn't normally use!

Nickelodeon was showing clips of Miranda Cosgrove's video Kissin U during the Kids Choice Awards (which of course I watched with the kids, ha!), and I was instantly hooked on the chorus lyrics. (So funny - the song/video is playing on tv while I'm typing this up, how cool right?!)


Cause when I’m kissin u my senses come alive
Almost like the puzzle piece I’ve been tryin to find
Falls right into place you’re all that it takes
My doubts fade away when I’m kissing you
When I’m kissin u it all starts making sense
And all the questions I’ve been asking in my head
Like are you the one should I really trust
How clear it becomes when I’m kissing you

The puzzle piece part clicked for me, and I knew I wanted to do a scrapbook page with puzzle pieces and these lyrics! I must have also been inspired by Challenge #4 - Let a song lyric inspire a layout from the 52 More Scrapbooking Challenges book!


I didn't use a "kissing" picture, but one that was taken of us recently. We went to a Wrestling tournament that day, went to Disney on Ice with the kids in the evening, and then met up with friends at Keys On Main. (My cute friend Brooke was home from Grad School at NYU for Spring Break, and took this pic of us!) Loooong day but so much fun! ;)


How many of you have missing pieces to a puzzle? In my case, we got puzzles in a kids meal, so I swiped the pieces (since they probably would have ended up in the garbage!) and painted them for my layout. Looking around the house for unwanted or unused items for your scrapbooks is a great way to go green, and add fun details to your pages!

Here are the pieces before....



And here are my painted pieces after! One fun thing to note - Before the paint was dry I shot it with my heat gun. The heat caused the white to do a cool crackle look, and the black to bubble, which was a really cool look too!



Here's a close up of the ZVA crystals. The red ones I added in after just to add some color and tie in with the layout.



For the lyrics, I made a text box so the background would be black, and the words would print white. Here's one of the puzzle pieces I that I added a U, some hearts, and bling.


Another piece, with the hearts again, and then the '10 for the year.


Last, the title! These are rub-ons from Hambly. I LOVE all the different letters on the sheet and had a fun time mixing them all together!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the DT came up with at Create It Green!
Supplies
CS: Basic Black, Real Red
DSP: The Paper Studio
Misc: puzzle pieces, black and white paint, ZVA crystals, red gemstones by The Paper Studio, pewter heart brads, pewter heart brads, Hambly rub-ons, thickers

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Great LO! Clever idea on the puzzle pieces! Yeah...I have a few zillion of those laying around the house I'm sure! lol

Barb's Boys said...

Genius! Love it -

mE said...

This is AWESOME!!! I love the layout.. it's funky and fun! :)

Ladybug Designs said...

I really love this layout.

WhiteRacoon said...

Love the idea with puzzle pieces! Great job!