Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just Thought...

Happy Tuesday! It's time for another SSD Sketch Challenge Tuesday with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design and a blog hop for the release of two new stamp sets! Also, this is my second post for the day. Please be sure to scroll down for my project created for Your Memories Here as their Guest Designer for April!

This week both Donut Birthday and Whispering Wings are being released at Skipping Stones Design! Last week I showed you a card with the Donuts, so for today's sketch challenge I used Whispering Wings. You should have arrived from Erin's blog, and if you happened onto my blog, make sure you start back at Skipping Stones Design so you don't miss out on any of the fun!


Here is the sketch - #20:


Here is my take on the sketch, using the lovely cattails from Whispering Wings. I just love that sentiment, too! "Just thought you should know I thought of you today and smiled". To really make the cattails stand out, I added a little bit of yellow flocking powder from Studio G. I love how it adds a soft and fuzzy feel, and makes it almost real! ;)


So what do you think about the new sets being released today? There are so many fun images in these sets that I know I'll be busy with them for quite awhile! So, how about a prize?! I have the super cute and fun Chocolate #1 up for grabs! Leave a comment here, and I will draw a winner and post on Friday!

Also, good news! The following promotion is good from April the 13th at 8:00 am until Thursday April 22nd at midnight OR while supplies last. Buy 4 stamp sets and get Bras Volume #2 OR Bras Volume #3 for FREE! Here's how it works: Buy ANY 4 stamp sets and you will receive either Bras vol#2 OR Bras vol#3 for Free. Due to limited supply however, you won't be able to choose which Bras volume # you receive. The unreleased stamp sets will be available to view on the blog until the 22nd. Then they will be taken down. These stamp sets will not be available for purchase for another 6 months to 18 months.

Your next stop on the hop is to one of our guest designers this month, Ashley!


Supplies
CS: Kraft, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
DSP: SU Sweet Pea stack
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Light Up My Life
Misc: hemp, EK Success Embossed Curve border punch, tag corner punch, hole punch, Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Studio G yellow flocking powder, Copics - B14, B97, E51, E37

16 comments:

mycardz said...

Hi Kandi! Your card is so awesome - I love that you added the flocking, what a great idea! You're always sooooooo creative!! hugz, Mary

Rae C. said...

Very cute card--love that sentiment! Those Skipping Stone stamps are my newest favorites and such fun!

Kristina said...

Very cute, the flocking does make the cat tails seem so real. I also love that sentiment it's perfect for just about any occasion.
Hugs,
Kristina

Divinity said...

your card is awesome! the sentiment is so sweet -- definitely one i'm gonna get! love it all! :)

mylambboys said...

Very sweet card! Love the sentiment and colors!
Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Love your card Kandi! That thick ribbon just looks so rich and the flocking is a great idea!!!

Cyndy said...

I love the colors you used in your card. Cat tails and flocking seem so natural together!

Ashleigh said...

Lovely card! I especially like the way you added flocking to the cattails! Great idea!

craftymom205 said...

Love the cattails. Would really like to have this set.

Carol said...

Love your colors!
Thanks for sharing!

Carol B
www.scraphappystudio.blogspot.com

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi, love the colors as usual, and I love the fuzzy texture. I'd have to practice to make the Chocolates look as real as the ones I've seen on the other blog hop, but I'd sure love to try!

Rufus said...

Just love new skipping stone releases. Your card is great and I really like that sentiment!
R/

Laurie Marmon said...

what a fun color combination. Love the bow!

Stephanie said...

I love the card - what a great new set!

mE said...

Beautiful card, Miss Kandi!!! I need to play around more with that stamp set, too!

日月神教-向左使 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,正妹牆,情色視訊,愛情小說,85cc成人片,成人貼圖站