Thursday, April 22, 2010

CIG Earth Day Blog Hop!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad you could join us for our special blog hop! Today marks the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, so what better way to celebrate it than with a Create It Green Blog Hop?!


Earth Day Blog Hop



You should have arrived from Alexa's blog. If you just happened onto my blog and didn't realize a blog hop was taking place, you can go back to Create it Green and start the hop. You won't want to miss all the Earth Day Inspiration or the amazing prizes from our generous sponsors! Make sure you leave a comment on each blog on the hop since winners will be drawn from the comments!!



We had some awesome companies donate some digi images, as well as some amazing recycled paper from Greenfield Paper Company! I choose to use the different types of paper Greenfield sent to create a fun note card set!



My Mom has such a green thumb that I know she'd be so happy to "plant" these cards, that is if she actually takes it apart! I have a feeling she wouldn't want to, ha! I used the Hemp Paper as the base, and the cuts are from the Handmade Plantable Seed Paper! So really, you can send a bouquet of flowers in a simple envelope! ;)








I wanted to highlight the paper on these cards. Sometimes I get so caught up in all the little extras I can add to a card that I forget my first love - paper and color! So these were fun to keep simple and focus on the cool paper!

This blog hop will run from today, April 22nd until Sunday, April 26th, midnight PST. We will be drawing for winners on April 27. (I am only participating today, but there are other blogs going all four days!)

So, how about a prize?! In addition to sponsor prizes, I have some blog candy! I cut out a bunch of flowers and butterflies for one lucky winner! Please leave a comment and become a follower, and I will draw a random winner after the hop is over! Good luck!


Your next stop on the hop is Deanne!


Supplies
CS: Hemp paper, Seed Paper by Greenfield Paper Co.
Misc: Little Leaves, Birds & Blooms, Flower Layers and Beautiful Butterfly dies w/ Big Shot, buttons

37 comments:

Della said...

You are so right, Kandi! I would have a very difficult time tearing up such a pretty card to plant it! I don't think I could do it. You do know me so well!

Mole said...

I like the bird cards you've made particularly. Simple but effective!

Jan said...

Super sweet mote card set..love the little birds and butterflies. I chose to work with this cardstock too and I love it :)

craftymom205 said...

Great ideas. Love the cards- simple but look great.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, these are just wonderful! even in their simplicity, which I can never seem to pull off. isn't that paper amazing? I was thrilled to receive some!

Laci said...

I love these cards, Kandi! I read your blogs on google reader so I never comment but WOW I love these! I have been thinking about making my own paper with seeds to make plantable bookmarks but this idea is much more fantastic! Good job!

VanillaCarmel said...

these products are SO CUTE
!!!!\MANDY

Tammy said...

Those cards are soooooo adorable...I love what you did with each one.
smiles....Tammy

Bev said...

What a great idea! I love the card sets too

Sharon said...

Your cards will make a wonderful gift their beautiful.

Sdenimandlace1@aol.com

Cassie said...

Fabulous projects!!!

Curlywiggles said...

Kandi, your cards are gorgeous!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow! Really amazing and beautiful!

NANCY DARE said...

These are so cute!..great idea!

Linda said...

Kandi, what a wonderful surprise to find your CIG Earth Day Blog Hop. All of the cards are lovely and so appropriate for Earth Day. I also love learning about Greenfield Paper Company as I love Hemp fabrics and now I can get Help paper. Your blog is inspirational.

Shaz Wall said...

these dies are beautiful!

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow!! Your cards are absolutely adorable and what a great idea! I couldn't take apart such a gorgeous card but what a wonderful "green" idea!

Carol said...

What a novel idea. Elegant, simple and useful. Carol.

Joan said...

Your cards are just lovely. I especially like the butterflies, but they all make a striking group of cards.

kathy said...

I think the birds and seeds are so cute.. so do you glue a packet off seedings inside?

http://polwig.com

kathy said...

Plus arrived here from Craft Critiqu Earth Day Carnival :)

http://polwig.com

Georgia Ehrmann said...

love the simplicity of the cards with the wonderful shapes and colors!

RiNNE said...

Wow, these are sooo great!!! Awesome idea!

Carrie said...

That is sooo great. My mom would get a huge kick out of being able to plant her card and have flowers grow. Cute cards!!

cottagerca said...

The color combinations of your cards are so calm and relaxing. I love the feel of the texture on those cards. Its like the cards are breathing. Happy birthday earth day.

Loretta said...

the cutouts u did are very nice and the added button adds the touch to it Great cards

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

I love the look of the hemp paper.

Rachel said...

Gorgeous cards, i know i wouldn't want to take them apart!
have a great day!
hugs,
Rachel

billiejo said...

Your cards are adorable and anyone would love to have them. I make my own paper from the scraps in the trash at LSS, and have shared my wildflower seed paper with my students. It is always a favorite card, even if the recipient doesn't plant it, they still smile.

wustaz said...

love that paper and I love what you did with it! great job

Super Jen said...

I hope everyone is enjoying this hop as much as I am.

Dora said...

Awww these are gorgeous, love their colours and the cards are so adorable.

Dani said...

Very cute cards!! Love them!

Roxie said...

The cards are great! I have seen that seed paper in action and it is great, but yours are so pretty not sure I could use them for that.

Carla said...

What a neat idea!!

silvia said...

Adorable cards!!!

Jean Marie said...

I love the natural look and soft feel to your cards! I think they are beautiful and showcase this product perfectly! such a thoughtful gift! TFS