Monday, April 12, 2010

Cat's Baby Thank You Cards!

Through my two younger sisters I've been "introduced" to some online girls, and have become friends with them through good old Live Journal. One of those dear, sweet ladies, had been trying for quite some time and was recently blessed to find out she was pregnant. One of the other ladies, Jen, put together a secret community for the people that are friends with Cat to give her a secret "international baby shower"! Cat's in Australia, and the rest of us range from all over the US, so we all sent our gifts to her at the end of March so they would show up around the same time. Now, I don't knit or crochet or sew or any of those things. The rest of the group of ladies are alllllll super talented in that area and made some darling hats, and blankets, and bibs, etc. for her and the bambino. I thought, knowing how sweet and thoughtful Cat is, I knew she'd want to send everyone a thank you card. So of course I decided to make those! ;)

Cat and her husband decided to wait and find out what the baby is (or they know and aren't telling anyone!), but she'd mentioned she was doing a soft green and brown color scheme for the nursery. I took that idea and ran with it for my colors and kept it all gender neutral with a simple baby stamp set. I ended up leaving off the thank you sentiment in case she wants to use them as announcements instead.






I included some envelopes for her and a special card for her and her husband. I wish I could be there to see her face when she starts getting everything!! These 20 cards went by really quickly because they were so simple. I wanted to make them as flat as I possibly could because A) I was mailing a 20 card set with envelopes to Australia, and B) She then has to mail them back out to everyone else! So clean, simple, and flat wins out today. ;)

Supplies
CS: Cafe Creations card set, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Certainly Celery Prints Pacl
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery
Stamp: Bundle of Joy
Misc: Scallop Edge border punch

3 comments:

kT said...

oh! those are so cute! i made up a collection of "monster" cards last night. I need to post them still. I'll try and do that tonight :)

Barb's Boys said...

So sweet - what a good idea!

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

Oh so wonderful!