Thursday, April 1, 2010

C2P April Kit!!!

Welcome to April! No fools or tricks here today! ;) Katy has shared a few layouts using the April Commit 2 Paper kit here, and since the kit picture is up on the site, I thought I would share a few as well!



I have to tell you all, I was seriously pee my pants excited when I got my kit! Ok, not literally, but I was jump up and down excited when I saw it! I was expecting something springy or Eastery, but I was blown away by this fun kit. Here's the photo from the website:






At first I thought I might use this kit more for layouts of Gwynie, but I soon realized that it was versatile enough for layouts of Brady as well!




Here are the first two layouts I made, the very same night I got my kit! I had these pictures of Gwynie (and a set of Brady) that I kept waiting for the right papers to come along to scrapbook them. I was so happy to pair these pictures with this kit!






This first page started out with wanting to add the giant dandelion flower weedy looking piece (haha great name right?!) and the wish as a title. Then it hit me that I could stamp the little dandelion seeds from Dandelion Dreams! After that everything fell into place!


On the second page I added a journaling piece and applied rub-ons, a brad, and stamped some more dandelion seeds. The thickers aren't the same ones included in the kit, but they're the same foamie ones. One fun detail, I used one sheet of the decorative paper on both pages! The green scalloped border on the first page is simply the reverse side!

The journaling reads:

I wish for so many things for you, my beautiful daughter. I wish for you to be as happy and confident as you are today. I wish for you to always find joy, and never sorrow, in the dreams you will pursue. I wish for you to always be surrounded by loved ones, and to know how much you are loved. I wish you could stay this age forever, but I wouldn't want to miss the amazing woman I know you will be. I wish...


Here is a little close up of the title and bloom thingy. I layered an additional chipboard piece over it, and tied some floss through.



Here is one more layout with the kit for today, but I'll be back later with the rest, I promise. You will also be able to see all of the layouts from the IS Girls on the Inspiration Squad Gallery page on the 10th as well! I'll just be giving close ups and more details on my posts here. Since I said this kit could be used for boy layouts as well, here is one of the pages I did for Brady.



I used some brads, some chipboard pieces, and then added a rub-on and thicker title, along with a few random stitches in places. Can you believe all this is in the same kit as the stuff I used in the two layouts above?! Another fun detail I wanted to point out is the bubble strip between the pictures. That's one of the rub-ons included in the kit, and I loved that unique seperation it gave my block of photos!


Here's a close up of the title. Isn't that a cool rub-on? Its totally rough and boy looking to me!



I hope you enjoyed a glimpse at what I've done with the April C2P kit! I'll be back later with a few more projects!


Supplies
All supplies came from the April C2P kit unless otherwise noted

Wish
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: Kraft and Chocolate Chip cardstock - SU, DMC brown floss, Chocolate Chip ink - SU, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, EK Success Embossed Curve border punch, brown Thickers, Dandelion Dreams stamp set by Skipping Stones Design

Water Time
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: White cardstock, DMC floss

2 comments:

Della said...

I love these pics of Gwyn(well,of Brady,too!)I came across them on a memory card yesterday :)
Mom

Barb's Boys said...

Excellent job-and I really really like the litte dandelion seeds from Dandelion Dreams...ok, so you're not very good for my addiction, that's another set I need to buy now! You make them all look so easy!