Friday, April 30, 2010

Blog Candy, Crafty Goals Update & Random Stuff!

Happy Friday everyone! Whew! This week has seemed really long and busy, but fun you know? I have some "random" things I wanted to cover today so stick with me until the end, ok?! There might be fun news down there...just sayin'!

First off, today is my younger sister Laci's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACI!!!!! I'm the oldest and Lace is two years younger than me. I have two other siblings as well - Kyle who 5 years younger and Shae who is 6 years younger. We grew up fighting like crazy as all sisters do, but I am so grateful and thankful that she is my sista! We have had to funnest times, the best inside jokes (JOEY!), and so many awesome memories stored up even though we live so far apart. Laci finally (ha!) set up her own crafty blog - Laci Can Craft and I'm so excited she is doing it! On the left side I have my family blogs linked so you can see my sistas and momma in action. Laci, your card is in the mail. ;) For reals I promise it went out this morning, or will once Jake runs to the post office for me, ha! (And a card for you too Mom and Shae!)

Ok next, I have put up a little poll in my sidebar. I have been thinking about it for a little while and noticed some blogging friends do it recently so I thought no time like now for it! I am completely giddy to have some rockin followers and thought I would see what else I could do on my little blog-o. I never imagined I would love blogging as much as I do! I remember totally debating ever starting a craft blog, but decided why not and did it. I'm so glad I did! Anyway, I find myself wondering what else or more you would like to see! You can check as many options as you want also and feel free to leave your "Other" suggestions on this post.

Next, tomorrow is NATIONAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY! I'm planning on diving into my Commit 2 Paper May kit, which you can see in the photo I took below. Its also up on the website now so you can order yours! You'll be able to see the full IS Gallery reveal around the 15th of the month. I'll also be playing with some of the Past Kits I ordered during their HUGE SALE! Which, btw is still going on...until tonight! So, if I were you, I'd order a few since they are only $10 per kit!!




Now, because it has been such a crazy week I didn't have a chance to post my winner for the Create It Green blog hop! The winner of the cute butterfly and flower cutouts is......





Congrats BillieJo! Please send me your mailing info to kandipants21 [at] gmail [dot] com and I'll get that out to you! Also, any winners (including past/future) announced on my blog have 7 days to claim their prizes, so if it doesn't get claimed I will re-draw.


And last, remember in this post when I set myself some goals for the year? One is to use every image in a stamp set, and another is to make 210 projects in 2010.


Here's where I'm at so far! I have crossed off a few sets (yes exactly three) as complete for using every image, and I have a few sets that I only need to use a sentiment or something like that. I still have a ways to go, but its been a fun challenge! I know I've mentioned that I'm a list maker, but I don't think I've elaborated how extreme I can be, haha! I have a spreadsheet that I use to keep track of everything. Here's a glimpse ;)





There are several tabs at the bottom of my sheet as well, and one of them tracks the projects. Because I did a set of 20 cards for a friend, DT assignments, and the board book (I counted each page), my numbers for this month were really high. So since January up to the end of this month, I have done 137 projects! This means I only have 73 more! So even if I only make 10 projects a month for the rest of the year I'll still meet my goal.

Ok, all that other stuff is done, now the fun part! Thanks for reading through it all, or skimming to get to the bottom, he! As stated before, the claim procedure for blog prizes is within 7 days. If you don't claim it, its up for grabs again! So....I still have an unreleased Skipping Stones Design stamp set called Brrrthday to give away! Here's the deal - leave a comment on this post about whatever you like, and I'll choose a winner and post it by May 6th which is when my poll closes.


Good luck, and again HAPPY FRIDAY!

5 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

I'm first???? Jigga what? I am never first! LOL. Love that you are such a list maker! Me too! I make lists of lists I need to make :)

gssfam said...

I Love your goals for the year! It's got me inspired to make a similar goal! My current one is to do something creative every single day....still working on it but I am getting in more creativity than not these days!

connie said...

congrats on the projects already completed. Happy Birthday Laci!

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi-you are so organized! I love it!

craftymom205 said...

Good luck on your goals for the year. Would love to have some Skipping Stones stamps.