Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bits of My Heart

Only a couple more days until you can see what the Inspiration Squad girls have done with the April Commit 2 Paper kit!

One fun thing I did (because of a certain challenge book!) is to start looking at the packaging my embellishments come in. On this layout, I choose to use the backing the rub-ons came in as a square for journaling. I also took a square of that packaging to use on the side of the top picture.


Here's the finished layout!

Here is a close up of the title. I used my Cricut to cut the heart (George) and added a little chipboard embellishment and brad.



The journaling reads:

I never knew my heart could grow so much and hold an all encompassing love for you. You hold the little bits and pieces of my heart and always will. I {heart} you so much my Gwynie girl! Sept. 08



Supplies
All supplies came from the April C2P kit unless otherwise noted

Bits of My Heart
April Commit 2 Paper kit
Misc: Big Shot, Flower Layers Die, Cricut George cartridge, hemp, Zig marker, brown Thickers, Fiskars Apron Lace Punch, SU Scallop Edge border punch

5 comments:

Della said...

And my heart just fell to bits and pieces! Gosh! I miss you all so much!

Kristina said...

Beautiful layout Kandi. The journaling is just so sweet.
Hugs,
Kristina

PenLight said...

This is such a fantastic layout and a sweet sentiment of love.

Barb's Boys said...

You make it look so easy! Your pages are always wonderful...talk about a natural!

angry-amy said...

thats an awesome idea to use the packaging.