Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thank You Card - Two Ways

Each month I get together with some fabulous friends, aka my stamp group! :) My awesome friend Sharon is our SU Demo and we all love having some girl time, stamping, and catching up with each other. I ended up missing our party last weekend, but I gave my cards to Sharon to trade with the group. That's the other fun thing we do - make 8 of the same cards with the given theme and then we take home 8 new cards! Its a fun way to build up your stash when you need a quick card, or to build up a place for instant inspiration.



Anyway, here is the card I made for our card group. Pretty simple because I was making 8 of them, but I really like it. The colors are neutral enought that it can be used for a guy and not be too over powering. Plus it doesn't have ribbon or frills or bling on it! ;)




And using that same layout, I made another Thank You card using the unreleased set Sassy Snow set by Skipping Stones Design. This is a little more girly and blingy and fussy, but wouldn't this be fun to give to a cute friend?! I love the sentiments stacked on top of each other like that!

I had made a card previously with sort of the same layout (sometimes you just can't stop haha) back in January using one of my fav SSD sets Garden Kiss. You can see that card here.




Supplies

Thank You
CS: Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Stamp: All Natural - SU
Misc: Scallop trim border punch, corner rounder

You're Snow Wonderful
CS: Pink Passion, Garden Green
DSP: DCWV Christmas Stack
Ink: Garden Green, Certainly Celery, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink
Stamp: Sassy Snow by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Celery twill ribbon, Apron Lace punch - Fiskars, corner rounder, gemstones

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, I'm glad I took a second look - your Sassy Snow card is darling - I got mine in the mail this week - another new one to play with!