Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SSD Sketch #14 and BLOG CANDY!

So remind me again how it got to be March?! ;) Yes, yes, I know the seconds, minutes, hours, days, and weeks pass to culminate in the passage of time, but geez do they have to go that fast?!! I am amazed as each new month rolls by because I swear I didn't get that memo....

Anyway, onto my card for today! Since this is a new month (yes really I was shocked too, haha) we have a new Guest Sketch Artist! I am loving the challenge each week from all of our talented guests. They make me work for it sometimes! ;) Our GSA this month is Jami Bova! Thanks Jami!


Here is our SSD Sketch #14



Here is my card using an unreleased set called Sassy Snow. Heather auctioned off this set along with 3 others during our Hop(e) for Hatiti. She is revealing our total amount raised on the Skipping Stones Design blog today so be sure to check that out!


The paper is from Cosmo Cricket, and I used those colors to pull the rest together. I thought it would be fun to do three different borders, so using some scallop border punches I got this funky kinda look. I'm actually liking it and might try it again! The little strip is some self adhesive ribbon that I bought ages ago and had totally forgotten about. Shhhh don't tell Jake. ;) But see I am making up for lost time and now that I remember I have it, I'm going to use it for a snowy scrapbook page.....when I get around to it, HA. ;) The snowman and sentiment are from the Sassy Snow set. I will have some more peeks at this set this week!





Now, for my winner of the blog candy from last weeks Hop(e) for Haiti! The winner will get this unreleased set Brrrthday!



The winner of this stamp set is:

Random.org picked #40 which is Stephanie Gruss! Thank you all so much for you sweet comments and for supporting our Hop(e) for Haiti!

Stephanie, please email me your address at kandipants21 [at] gmail [dot] com and I will get your stamp set out to you!



Now, if you read my blog post yesterday, you know I have more blog candy today! I love giving (and receiving, haha) so I thought I would give away some more today! The blog candy contains the January issue of CARDS Magazine, a "roller doodles" wheel by Glitz Designs, and a packet of rub-ons by Creative Cafe (which has 28 sheets of rub ons!!)!




So, what do you have to do to win this? Leave me a comment telling me your FAVORITE set from Skipping Stones Design! Mine is Cupcake Cutie, but Dandelion Dreams and Garden Kiss are starting to make headway! So if you have to pick a Top 3 I wouldn't hold it against ya! ;) If you've never checked out SSD, you can take a look at all the funny and cute sets right HERE! I'll leave this open until Friday the 5th at midnight (MST) and will be posting a winner Saturday! :) Good luck!

Also, I wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to all of you awesome ladies that submitted your Spring projects for the Guest Design spot on Just Buggin, and joined in on the hop! I'm so glad I didn't have to make that choice (Sam gets that tough job being the leader, hehe) because I would have wanted all of you! :) Tomorrow is a new challenge at Just Buggin and it's a GOOOOOD one! So, I would love to see you play along, and who knows, we might just do another Guest Designer spot with some of our active participants!!

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
March Guest Sketch Artist Jami Bova

Supplies
CS: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Garden Green, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze
DSP: Cosmo Cricket - Jolly By Golly collection
Ink: Baja Breeze
Stamp: Sassy Snow by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Scallop border punch and Scallop trim punch - SU; Apron Lace punch - Fiskars, Creative Memories circle cutting system, KI Memories ribbon, Copic YR04 and YG03

7 comments:

jengd said...

I really like the All Star and Buns-N-Crunches sets... among others! :)

Lisa said...

I like healing wings ~ been looking for sentiments like that.

connie said...

I like the Healing Wings..Beautiful.

Beautiful Greetings said...

Love your card! Great job this week with our new sketch.

Amanda said...

Super cute card!!!

Barb's Boys said...

I love what you did with the Sassy Snow - very cute. My favorite SSD sets are (so far) Margarita Birthday and Getting Older (is that the name?)

Courtney Baker said...

So pretty!