Tuesday, March 23, 2010

May your coconuts...

Welcome back to another Tuesday with the Stamp Tramps of Skipping Stones Design! Today is another fun sketch and I am so excited to show off the set that I used! One thing you will notice immediately about SSD is that the stamps are humorous and a little bit sassy. I love the set Tropical Birthday and the funny sentiment it contains! There is also a winner of blog candy at the bottom of my post!!


Here is the sketch we were challenged with (and yes I flipped it)! SSD 17





And here is how I interpreted the sketch! The corners made me think of the swirly frames in Tropical Birthday and right away I knew what I wanted to do. Gwynie and I went to Rumbi's for lunch on Saturday, and if you've ever been in there then you know how fun the decor is. I must have been inspired by it, because just looking at this card makes me think of Rumbi's! Probably from the colors and the hemp.


Isn't that sentiment hilarious?! I think my Mom or my Mother in-law would get a kick out of this card! Do you have a friend you could see yourself giving this to? This cracks me up and I can't wait to make a few more cards like this just for fun and to have an extra on hand! (PS - I promise those greens look much closer in real life! I didn't notice until I was typing this all up how off they looked!)

ALSO - last week we had a DT only blog hop, and since my previous winner didn't claim their prize, I will be offering up this cute unreleased stamp set!





Random.org picked #5


And #5 is Sara! Congrats Sara! Please email me kandipants21 [at] gmail [dot] com to with your mailing address so I can get this out to you!



Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
March Guest Sketch Artist Jami Bova









Supplies
CS:
Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
DSP: Sweet Pea Collection pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Tropical Birthday by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: hemp, Creative Memories Oval cutting system, Copics - E09, E37, Y17, G21, YG 67

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Oh what a funny stamp! I know quite a few people this would be perfect for (I come from a family of smart arses). Great card.

Barb's Boys said...

This card is adorable! I love their little sayings and you really did give it a tropical feel with your paper and hemp! Too cute!

Beautiful Greetings said...

LOL! I absolutely love this Kandi! What a wonderful card and I love the natural colors you used.

mycardz said...

Sooo funny! I must have missed seeing that stamp set before - It's too funny! Love your take on the Sketch too. Great card! hugz, Mary

日月神教-向左使 said...

av女優,aio,a片,日本a片,色情a片,成人影城,A片下載,情色,色情網站,色情影片,嘟嘟情人色網,成人網站,18成人,成人圖片區,成人貼圖站,微風成人,做愛,成人短片,性愛,三級片,無碼,a漫,h漫,自拍貼圖,85cc免費影片,走光,成人電影,成人影片,A片,A片下載,情色貼圖,情色,色情,a片,a片,a片