Monday, March 15, 2010

March CIG Layout

It's time for the DT Reveal for Create It Green!

Here is the sketch the Layout Team was challenged with.




I'd hinted last week as to what I was making, and Wendy guessed it right with handmade paper! I recently had some cardstock get ruined so instead of tossing it, I used those water damaged pieces to make handmade paper. I tried using rose petals (dried and fresh), but I didn't get the best results. So, instead I made a flower with the paper. I borrowed my friend Mel's kit and screens and made this red color and a pink that I'll use later. You can also use newspaper or junk mail and an Acid Free powder (included with the kit) so you're really recycling!

My husband sends me flowers all the time, whether its because he was thinking about me, or if I was having a bad day. The song You Make Me Smile by Uncle Kracker is one of my favorites and reminds me of Jake. I wanted to document these every day moments and write out the chorous of the song.


Be sure to check out the rest of the DT projects at the CIG Blog!

Supplies
CS: The Paper Co. Red, Basic Black
DSP: EK Success vellum sheet
Misc: Opposites Attract Cartridge, Flower Layers Big Shot Die, button, black Zig marker

3 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, I love the way your flower turned out - nice job! And many times I'll associate song lyrics with the theme of a layout - what a fun way to remember!

Ladybug Designs said...

I love it- that is so cute.

Haidee said...

My hubby is always sending me flowers too. The girls @ work always say...what is the occassion now? I like your LO. Just last Monday my Hubby send me a dozen of white roses & one red rose. Red rose represented his commitment of his love to me.