Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Man Challenge

Sometimes I like to bend the rules. Well, maybe a lot of the time, but I guess it just depends on the rule. ;) So I used my "creative license" with this weeks Just Buggin challenge! The challenge is #29 - The Man Challenge: Make a manly themed project!

Ok mine isn't technically "manly" but little boys turn into men too fast, so I thought it would be fun to capture my little "man in the making" hehe. When I was trying to figure out what cartridge to use, or how I could make a man project, I came across the skull and cross bones image with the Danger title on the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I thought of these pictures and went to work! I crumpled up the cardstock before adding my picture for a distressed look, but it doesn't show up very well in the pic.

Along with a new bike and some toys, Brady got a skateboard, helmet and pads for his birthday this year. He would NOT smile for me at first because he said he was being tough! In the end I finally got a smile from him, but his tough face cracked me up. We'd been at the high school for a Wrestling tournament (same day as his b-day and the cheerleaders sang him happy birthday, haha!) so he was still in his gear, so I used the blues to add a little color pop.


Here's a close up of the title and journaling. I added some random staples, and brads in the centers of the stars.



So, do you have any "Manly" themed projects you want to tackle? Birthday cards, a scrapbook page, or maybe a jump start on a Father's day card? ;) Come join us at Just Buggin, we'd love to see what you create!



Supplies
CS: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
DSP: DCWV - Rockstar collection
Ink: Basic Black (for journaling line edges)
Misc: Creative Imagination frosted brads, Spiral punch, Gypsy Wanderings cart, staples,

5 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Such an awesome page! Love the background paper and the title just pops! Excellent ~

Lynne said...

Great LO Kandi!! I like the notebook mat on the one picture!!
Lynne JB DT

Ladybug Designs said...

Oh he is such a cute kid. And that is a great LO.

thescrapmaster said...

It is totally manly :O) I love it!

Hugs,
Samantha

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cool project Kandi