Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Live LOUD!

First let me tell you, these pictures crack me up! There's a story as to why Brady has a shaved head in these pictures, (which will be scrapbooked hopefully sometime this year as it involves him trying to give himself a Mohawk.....), and this saying is just him...he definitely lives LOUD! ;) I even bought him a metal sign thingy for his room last year that says something about "I am here to live my life out loud!". So when I saw this paper at my LSS (Imaginisce Live Loud collection) I knew I had to use it for these pics! The strips on the side were part of a piece of paper that I cut apart to get the strips I wanted.



We were visiting my sis and her husband in Oregon for Thanksgiving back in 07. Brady loves his Uncle Josh and guitars...so of course much rocking out ensued! He also loves Nascar and Jeff Gordon, hence the halloween costume that became pj's. Yes, its true, us Moms have to do things like that sometimes to keep peace in the house, am I right? Its all about picking and choosing your battles...which is why he got the Jeff Gordon pj's, but I said no to the Mohawk. Looking back maybe I should have done that one differently? ;) If you had told me 10 years ago that I would let my son wear his halloween costume for pj's I would have laughed and smirked until I was blue in the face. Now, I know better than to argue with a little boy while getting a red face.


Anyway, (geez someone stop me I talk too much about irrelevant things, but I'm not going back and deleting all that. I will laugh at myself later and think I was clever...or not. Its debateable.) Ahem, anyway, this took forever to make because I was chit chatting with my friends Mel and Steph at the crop instead of busily working away and making this guitar out of paper. Seriously, I don't know what I was thinking, it took forever to make. Probably because of the afore mentioned talking...maybe. Probably. Most definitely. But once it was done I loved it. (2.5 hours later - I talk a lot, but you've already noticed that). And I also thought I was super clever in putting the little star things in the center of the O's like the paper strips. Yeah lightbulb moment.


PS - I was out of D's in my Thickers, so I turned a P upside down to get a d. Sometimes you have to get creative!


Here's a little close up of the guitar.


Supplies
CS:
Bazzil - (I don't remember the exact names sorry!) Blue, Olive, Orange and Black
DSP: Imaginisce Live Loud Collection
Misc: Thickers, SU Star brads, silver cord, rhinestone brads, corner rounder (for black pieces), EK Success Embossed Curve Punch

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You made the guitar yourself? I was going to ask you which cartridge you cut it from. I really like the look of only having part of the guitar on the page and was thinking it would be perfect for a Rock 'n Roller Coaster LO from WDW. I think I'll try this with the guitar from Indie Art or Hannah Montana. Thanks so much for the idea! The LO and pictures are priceless!

I hear ya on picking your battles. I have a 5 year old who also likes to live life loud and is very head strong! ;-)

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Barb's Boys said...

This is just spectacular! I love love love the guitar and the cute little star things in the 'o's'. Very creative!