Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hey Chic-a-Dee!

Welcome to Skipping Stones Design’s Blog first DT only Blog Hop to celebrate the release of two new Spring/Easter Inspired sets!

If you just happened upon my blog today, you’ll want to go back to the beginning at Skipping Stones Design. You should have arrived from Erin's blog.

Combined with the blog hop today, it's also Skipping Stones Sketch Tuesday which means the Design Team is showcasing another great creation from Jami Bova aka sgtstamper. We'd love for you to play along with the sketch. Just remember to use the keywords SSD016 if you are uploading to any online galleries or link your card at the Skipping Stones Blog. We'll be looking soon for Guest Designers so you never know....

For my card I used the darling new set Chick Chat being released today! I did some peeks of this set along with Gray Hare and Sassy Snow here in case you missed them!

Here is the sketch we were challenged with:



And here is my card using Chick Chat! I flipped the sketch around so I could use the three chicks in a row. I was so feeling the Springy colors and these cute chickies! I colored in the chicks and flowers with Copics. My favorite part is the little chicken legs! I colored them in with one color, and then went back over in an orange and made little lines! Take a look at the sentiment, how cute is that?! This would be so fun to give to a friend you haven't seen in awhile, or have just been feeling out of touch with.



So, how about a prize? In addition to the fabulous eye candy, our DT has blog candy up for grabs. So as you hop, make sure you leave comments on every post so you have a chance to win!!

Your next stop is to Sanakri!

Supplies
CS: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
DSP: Bashful Blue prints pack
Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue
Stamp: Chick Chat by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Designer series Playground buttons, dmc floss, Apron Lace border punch, scallop edge punch, Copics - RV11, B00, G21, E51, Y13, B14, Y17, YR04, YG03

15 comments:

akagreenhouse said...

I love the yellow peeps! So cute!

wendyp said...

those chickies are super CUTE!!! fabulous card!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Kandi your soft colors are just gorgeous! It completely feels like spring to me :)

Angela W said...

So cute! I love the colors of your card!

Sara said...

super adorable! i'm loving those chickies!!!!

Laurie Marmon said...

Love the colors and the little chick legs! So cute!

Angel said...

so very cute!!! love the sentiment!

lauracox said...

This card is super cute!

Barb's Boys said...

I'll have to go through the hop tonight but I wanted to comment on how cute your little peeps are!

Sue D said...

Very cute peeps and the card makes me anxious for spring!

Kathie said...

Your Spring colors make the Peeps HOP. Spring is in the air.

Carin, priceless child of God said...

I think the peeps are my favorites!

Stacey Lyn Tippetts said...

So cute! The legs really are adorable. Great attention to detail!

Barb's Boys said...

OK, so I finally made it to the hop! This set is so cute and really lends itself to shout out SPRING!!! Love your little buttons too ~

Brandi said...

Super cute! Love it!