Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Eggcellent Easter Layouts!

Are you ready for Easter? It totally crept up on me and I can't believe it's this weekend! I haven't even been in the Easter-y mood, but working with this weeks challenge at Cricutters Anonymous (formerly Just Buggin) got me ready to do all the egg dying and basket building this weekend!


Cricutters Anonymous#31 - Eggcellent - Make an Easter themed project

My tip on the blog - Swapping out your base cardstock is a great way to change from boy to girl layouts without doing a lot of extra work!



I am not a chronological scrapbooker, but technically I guess I should have done Easter 07 first (since I still have some 07 pics to scrap!), but I loved these pics from 08 so went with it. Also, I have this "thing" that if I have pictures from the same event, they have to be the same layout for each of the kids' scrapbooks. Insane I know, and sometimes I don't even follow my own set rules (HA!), but it works for me and helps me whip out some pages quickly because the work has already been done! ;)

Anyway, here are the two layouts I created for our traditional Egg Hunt on Easter morning. I used Doodlecharms for the eggs, and embossed them with my Cuttlebug folders. The title was cut out with Makin' the Grade. I used a clear buttons, punched out a circle of the Happy Easter print paper, and stuck it to the back of the button.










So are you feeling inspired to make an Easter card for the family you might be sharing Easter dinner with? Or do you have some pictures from last year (or the years before!) that you want to get finished before you take even more pictures. ;) (Happens to me allllll the time!) Be sure to join us with this fun challenge, I can't wait to see what you create!


PS - My first article is up on the Craft Critique Blog today!

Supplies
CS: Almost Amythest, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette - SU; Bazzil Basics
DSP: The Paper Studio
Misc: Decorative stick pin - Fancy Pants, DMC floss, clear button, scallop edge punch, double stitch chocolate chip ribbon, 1 in circle punch - SU, Doodlecharms and Makin' the Grade cartridges

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Very cute! I just made a card using the doodle charm's eggs that I embossed, love that look! So simple and easy but amazing results.
Hugs,
Kristina

Lynne said...

Kandi! Great Layout!! And nice tip...swapping your base cardstock makes it easier to change from boy to girl theme!!

Ladybug Designs said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love the eggs. You make me all ready Easter. But then I look outside and see the snow. And I am thankful, that we celebrated ours last weekend, when it was Sunny.

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great layout I love the embossed eggs