Monday, March 22, 2010

Card Candy

I'd mentioned before that our stamp group swaps cards, but we changed it up a little for this month. We did "Green" Card Candy instead! For those of you that might not know, Card Candy is a term for a collection of embellishments to add to your cards. There are numerous examples on Splitcoast with all different themes that I love browsing. Last August we did a Summer theme, and since it's March and St. Patricks Day we choose Green as our theme. Instead of doing luck or leprechauns or clovers, I decided to focus on the green aspect of SPRING!


I did some butterflies and flowers, and only used Certainly Celery and Whisper White for my colors. I love how fun this all turned out, and it looks so fresh and springy!


The poofy flower is one you've seen on my blog before. You can find the tutorial on Wendy Smedley's blog. The cut out butterfly is on Celery Prints DSP, and is the smaller butterfly on the Beautiful Butterflies die for the Big Shot. The little leaves were also cut out on the Big Shot on the Birds and Blooms die. The thank you sentiment is from Fresh Cuts, and is cut out with the Modern Label Punch. The stamped butterfly is from Cause for Celebration, and the corners were punched with the ticket corner punch. I loved combining the book print with the butterfly that has print on it as well! I also added a little border strip and used the Fiskars Apron Lace Punch. The last piece is the background paper, which was done with the Scatter Sunshine wheel in Celery ink. Every little embellishment is added to a clear acetate sheet so when the recipient uses it, it peels off easily.

Here's the group together! Guess I should have made an extra for myself! ;)





Supplies
CS: Whisper White, Certainly Celery - Celery Prints DSP
Ink: Certainly Celery
Stamps: Cause for Celebration, Fresh Cuts, Scatter Sunshine wheel
Misc: Beautiful Butterflies die, Birds & Blooms die, Fiskars Apron Lace Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, book pages

No comments: