Friday, March 12, 2010

Bunnies and Chicks and Snow, Oh My!

Did you see the announcement on the SSD Blog Tuesday??! Gray Hare and Chick Chat will be released on the 16th during the DT Blog Hop, ANNNNNND if you buy both those sets and another of your favorites, you can get Sassy Snow FOR FREE!! There is a peak at the full sets HERE and the announcement!

So I thought I would show you a card with each of these sets, and use the same layout like I did the other day. It was such a blast working these in different ways and I can't wait to play with them some more!

This first card uses Gray Hare, and of course it has some hilarious sentiments in there! Can I tell you how much I love this color combo?! The paper is from the new SU Sweet Pea stack and once I saw the little bit of gray I knew I wanted to use it with this little guy.

Isn't he just adorable? Take a look at the tail...I used a "Snow Pen" to give him a fluffy tail! I'm kind of feeling an abundance of cute overload right now with that bunny and the pinks, haha!

I am also in love with the colors on this next card using Chick Chat! Same style paper, just different colors. You would think I totally planned out that ribbon and the dotted orange paper right? Ha, that is definitely giving me far too much credit! ;) I was rummaging in my ribbon drawer for an orange or teal color and I remembered I had an orange dotty one I bought awhile ago. I dug a little deeper and found it, but was dismayed the color was off. Then I put it together and realized it fit perfectly! Sweet! I also love this little sentiment. Can you see yourself giving this to one of your cute friends?!



This last card uses Sassy Snow and a funny little sentiment with the thought bubble. Funniest story with this stamp too - I was working on this card and Gwynie came in and was laughing about the saying. She then kept looking at the stamp and the stamped snowman with a puzzled expression on her face. She finally burst out - "MOM! That snowman has boobs!! Oh wait, that SNOW WOMAN has boobs!!" HAHAHAHAHA I totally lost it! :) We were laughing hysterically and the sentiment really made sense to her then!



That fluffy snow at the bottom is also from the Snow Pen. I found it at my LSS last Saturday and was so excited to use it with this set. I added those little stick pins because they reminded me of the snowflakes on the DSP.


So, are you excited for the release of these stamps? I am really looking forward to making some Easter cards for the kids and family, and making a few funny cards to add to my stack and keep on hand when I need em.


Finally for today I have a little sneak peek for you! The Create It Green DT Reveal is Monday the 15th and I can't wait to show you what I worked on for my layout! Any guesses from this photo below? You'll see the final product and layout on Monday, along with the rest of the DT.

Thanks for stopping by today, and have a wonderful weekend! We'll be at a Wrestling tournament tonight and tomorrow morning, and then Disney on Ice Saturday evening. I am already tired just thinking about it. ;)

3 comments:

wendyp said...

All three cards are adorable!!! Looks like maybe you're making handmade rose petal paper?

Barb's Boys said...

I love the paper and color choices - and they are so different I wouldn't have noticed they were the same layout! Love all 3!

PenLight said...

These are such fun cards and gave me a big smile! Terrific work!