Tuesday, February 9, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday!

Hey everyone! Its Tuesday so that means I have an SSD Sketch card to share with you today! Seriously, Tuesday has become such a fun day just because of this, haha! I love looking at the post made on the Skipping Stones Design Blog so I can see all the designers projects. Its total eye candy I tell ya! ;) Then I loving going to their individual blogs so I can get the details on how they made such adorable projects. See, Tuesday is GOOD! :D


Anyway, here is our next sketch created by the ever so talented Belinda, our February Guest Sketch Artist. So excited with the sketches she's given us this month, just you wait!

If you've visited my blog before you probably know that Cupcake Cutie is one of my very favorite SSD sets. Not gonna lie, I give these cupcakes lots of lovin! ;)

I decided that I wanted to stamp my cupcakes directly onto patterned paper just to see what it would look like. Well....I'm super happy with the result! I also stamped the "Sweet" a few times to fill in the blank spaces. Instead of adding another layer to my card like in the sketch, I simply stamped the sentiment and added brads on each side. I love that small little detail that makes it pop out! And of course I had to break out the border punch that is becoming my favorite, and my lovely celery ribbon. Which sadly is almost out, boo.



Here's a little close up of the sentiment below the cupcake. I LOVE this font, isnt' it so fun?!



Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!
Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell
February Guest Sketch Artist Belinda Chang


Supplies
CS: Certainly Celery, Rose Red - SU DSP
Ink: Rose Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Celery ribbon, Soft Subtles brads, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch

4 comments:

Linda64 said...

Very fresh and crispy looking card. Like your simple and clean style.
Hugs

Chelsea said...

Kandi this is one of my faves....great job!

Amanda Sewell said...

Totally adorable Kandi! Love the colors -- so bright and fun!

mE said...

MmM MMMM goood! Love this!

And now I want some cupcakes!

~Inky Smiles!
Erin