Saturday, February 6, 2010

Re-Purpose With Love Blog Hop!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad you are "hopping" in the Create It Green blog hop! Today we are all coming together for a fun Valentines themed hop incorporating "green" items onto our projects! You should have arrived from Jan's blog.


I decided to do a scrapbook page since I'm a Layout Design Team member for CIG. My project has a green item, and went with the Valentine theme with some reds and pinks!


For my green recycled item, I used bottle caps! I had saved these from the last party we hosted, so it was super fun to put these to use finally. I got this idea from my blogging friend Samantha. You can see her description of how to do it here. The only thing I did differently was to fill my entire bottle cap with Crystal Effects instead of just the white circle. I did this because I used larger hearts.













I used my Cricut to cut out the "Love" as well as the hearts on the bottle caps. I wanted to make sure the journaling showed up on my chipboard base, so I streaked some white acrylic paint onto the area I'd be journaling on. After I added my journaling, some ribbons, and the title, I layered my photo onto a cardstock mat that was punched with my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch.


The journaling reads:
Celebrating our 8th anniversary at the Green Day concert! I couldn't think of a better way to spend such a fabulous day. It seems impossible to think that I love Jake more now than I did 8 years ago on our wedding day, but...I do. August 16, 2009






One other thing I wanted to point out. I save ALL of my scraps! After I finished cutting out my title, I popped it back into the Cricut to cut out my hearts. If you are creative enough you can get your scraps to go for miles! ;) This piece still has PLENTY of use in it, and I plan on using every last little bit up!


I hope you're having fun on the blog hop and are getting totally inspired to make your own "green" projects! Your next stop on the hop is Cyndi's blog!


Also, I do have a little prize to offer you today! Simply become a follower, leave me a comment, and I'll draw a winner and post on Monday the 8th! Here's the prize pack I'm offering up today!
BTW - You will need a word for our word search game!
EDIT: Opps my word is actually Make (not doesn't like I originally posted). Sorry about that! ;)
Happy Hopping!




2 clear stamp sets - Valentine themed (1 Inkadinkado and 1 Studio G) and 3 bottles of glitter glue by Studio G! They'll totally get you in a Valentine mood to make cards, layouts or other projects!


Supplies
CS: Chipboard, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Whisper White
Misc: bottle caps, pink ribbon, Chocolate Chip ribbon, 1 in. Circle punch, George cartridge for hearts, Opposites Attract cartridge for Love title, white acrylic paint, brown Zig marker, stapler, Crystal Effects. Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, glue dots

31 comments:

Joan said...

Great layout! I love the bottle cap heart embellies -
I need to make me some!!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a wonderful page! I think it is cute that your page features a photo from a GREEN Day concert! giggles! :)

Sue Stampin Daly said...

Beautiful!! I am always looking for ways to use my bottlecaps.

CyndiLou said...

Kandi ---great post! Please add your Key Word to your post. Your word that your visitors are collecting is "MAKE"!
Thanks

Ruthie said...

Great project - loving the blog hop!

Rx

Jean Marie said...

What a great way to reuse those bottle caps! they are so cute!
What a sweet layout!
I also think it is neat that your journaling is able to incorporate Green into it!

Curlywiggles said...

These make really cute embellishments!

Sara said...

what an amazing LO! i love the idea of using bottle caps :)
i have a couple i actually saved and am going to be brave and try it out soon!

thanks for sharing on this hop!

xoxo
sarabeth

SarahA said...

Go Green! From your green caps you used to your Green Day concert. Cool!

Jan said...

Your layout is so cute and I love the bottlecaps, stickles and the studio g's are just my style :)

Mindy said...

love the layout and photo!

Lesley F said...

Love the page & enjoying the blog hop!

artzellie said...

Really liked the cork centers for the flowers. Now I know what to do with my small round corks I've had for so long!

Carla said...

Following you :-) Great little prize package!

shari said...

Your layout is great, so is your blog. I signed up to follow you. I have a new blog, check it out:
http://shariscreationswiththecricut.blogspot.com/
Shari (cricutrookie)

Melissa said...

fantastic layout! and great giveaway!

Ali said...

What a fun page! loved your tip about scraps- So TRUE!

Mrs. So and So said...

What a cute way to use bottle caps!

Loretta said...

beautiful layout

paperscissors said...

i have never seen the white paint effect before and i'm loving it! i tend to save my snallest scraps and just punch out a shape i often use, keep them in a bag for later projects.

Carrie's Corner said...

very creative recycle project. thanks for sharing.

Carrie

Lynn Marsh said...

Love the layout! I too save ALL of my scraps (trust me, if you saw my sb room, its scary...lol)Am now a follower as well! Thanks so much for sharing!

Tanya said...

Great LO, Kandi!! I love the way you used the bottlecaps!

Stephanie said...

Just became a follower and I love the bottlecaps! What a great way to reuse them!

Anonymous said...

Very nice layout. Love the prize package too!

Grammie said...

OOps! Didn't mean to be annonymous! Love the layout and the prize package.

Barb's Boys said...

OK, already a follower, but love the cute bottle caps and your anniversary page - Congrats!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Kandi I love you scrapbook page, one of my favorite elements is the paint behind the text. Very nicely done. Robin :)

ScrapinShana said...

What a great layout! The bottle caps with hearts is sooo cute! Love it =)

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab, I love the pinks and reds with the kraft card and the bottlecaps look great

Deanne Burton said...

Very pretty LO!!! Great job at recycling!