Friday, February 19, 2010

A Quickie Card...

If you're a cardmaker that actually mails your cards to people (haha not me usually, but I'm getting better about it!) then you know about wanting to make a "flat" but fun card. Embellishments like buttons and ribbons add some bulk to the card, and although make it pretty, may add a little more on your postage!


So I challenged myself to make a card with only two layers...a card base with a stamped piece and no embellishments. I kept wanting to add, add, add, but I'm glad I relied on colors and stamps to accomplish my goal!



I used the same leafy images that I used in my purple card yesterday, and the silhouette flower from Dandelion Dreams. Those gorgeous butterflies are also included in the set! I variated between Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and White for my ink colors, and then added a hand drawn chocolate border. The sentiment comes from Healing Wings.


Remember my goal to use each image in a stamp set (that I get new this year) on a card or project? Well, I'm doing pretty well with it actually! Even though I got the set You Know You're Gettin Old in December 09, I am so happy to say I've used each image in that set! New sets this year that I've used all the stamps are Garden Kiss and Blocks & Borders - Swirls (even though you haven't seen one card using the last image yet, its for a DT project so you'll see it soon!) both from Skipping Stones Design. I have a few sets that only have a sentiment or two that need to be used, etc. so I'm definitely going to focus on those (hopefully this weekend!) so I can check them off my list! It feels good to have a goal, even it was kind of a "loose" goal! ;) I also decided to give myself one other challenge this year....to make 210 projects in 2010. Possible, maybe? Definitely another "loose" goal though. Last year trying to do 365 scrapbook layouts was way too much for me, but if I combine all my cards and layouts together, well I think 210 is within reach. Maybe. We'll see. Check back with me later this year. ;)



Supplies
CS:
Really Rust, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, White
Stamps: Dandelion Dreams and Healing Wings by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Brown Zig Marker