Friday, February 26, 2010

Just Buggin Blog Hop!

Hi everyone!

I am so excited for today! Welcome to our FIRST EVER Just Buggin Blog Hop! I'm the first stop on the hop today, so grab your coffee (or...other beverage of choice!) and settle in for a fun hop!

Hidden on several of the blogs are prizes, so make sure you leave everyone a little love to increase your chances of winning! The winners will be posted on Monday, March 1st, so you have from now until midnight Sunday the 28th (PST) to post your comments!


The other special surprise is a spot as a "Guest Designer" on Just Buggin for the month of March! You and your project will be featured on the Just Buggin Blog, and you'll get to play along with our team! How exciting, right?! After you finish the hop, go back to Just Buggin and link your project in Mr. Linky using our challenge theme. One lucky winner will be selected out of all linked entries!

For our special Blog Hop weekend challenge : Spring into Spring - Use a Spring color combo, flowers, or anything "Spring" like on your project.


Here's my scrapbook layout:



I loved this Spring picture of Gwynie from school last year. I cannot believe she was only 9 at the time, she just looks so mature!


The journaling reads:

My Gwynie girl - I can't believe you are only 9 years old in this picture! You are so mature and act so much older than you really are. I {heart} this picture! April 2009

(Sorry the colors just would not come out right on the full thing! The close ups below best represent the colors!)









For all the various flowers I used a combination of the Doodlecharms cartridge (cream button centers), my Big Shot and Flower Layers die from SU, and a small flower punch also from SU. I loved combining all these different papers and shapes. The book print (going with the school theme, lol) was from an actual book that I punched out several scallop circles and mushed together for a fluffy flower.

For my journaling square I stamped the lines with the Journaling Lines set from SU, and did a spiral edge border punch to fit in even more with the school theme.

The word "Spring" was cut with the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, and inked up with a speckled stamp from Tough Guy by Skipping Stones Design. A small flower and button on top of the "i" set it apart, but kept with the rest of the layout.


I hope you're feeling inspired for this challenge, and that you'll get loads more on the hop today! Your next stop on the hop is Karen!


Supplies
CS:
Old Olive
DSP: My Minds Eye Collections (Oh La La and Bloom and Grow lines)
Ink: Old Olive
Stamps: Tough Guy by Skipping Stones Design, Journaling Spot by SU
Misc: Flower Layers die, Doodlecharms cartridge, Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, American Crafts buttons (Blue Skies line from DCRU), hemp, flower punch, spiral edge punch, book print



BELOW IS A LIST OF ALL BLOG HOP PARTICIPANTS. If there is a broken link along the hop, you can come back here or head to Just Buggin to find the master list as well.

Participants:

52 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Kandi

lovely blog hop project

Happy Spring

Karen

Megan at PPC said...

Such gorgeous layout...so beautiful! :)

Please take a look at my blog candy at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com and my NEW challenge blog at: www.ppc-challenges.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Lynne said...

Such a pretty LO!! I love all the colors!!
Lynne

Lisa said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the colors!

Jeri said...

What a gorgeous LO. The papers and colors definitely remind me of spring.

buglvr2010 said...

Love the colors, paper combos and all those beautiful flowers. Beauitful LO!

Jessica Wekenman said...

Great LO! I love the colors and your flowers are wonderful! I think I'm going to try making flowers like this over the weekend...Thanks for the inspiration!

Kay said...

I really have fun making these flowers. They ad so much to your page. Very cute!

Rita said...

Beautiful layout! I love the flowers and can't wait to try to make some for my project!!

Kim said...

Beautiful spring layout.

TFS.
Kim

Melissa S said...

Beautiful LO!

Lorus said...

This is such a beautiful layout. I love the way flowers have such a variety of patterned papers. The colors would be perfect for my daughter as well!

Jennifer said...

I love the buttons and flowers. very pretty lo.

thescrapmaster said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kandi!!

Hugs,
Samantha

Iris said...

Nice layout. I love the flowers with the buttons. Iris Soscia

Cristen said...

I really love all of your flowers you did a great job

RavenRT said...

Kandi-
your daughter is so very pretty in this photo. I love the flowers you have made on your layout, and the splatter on "spring" is the perfect touch! TFS and happy hopping!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

great project Kandi, I love those flowers!!!!!

Laura Lee said...

Love your layout!The flowers are awesome! This is only my second blog hop and in the same week.. i am in scrap heaven! thanks..

dragonlaidi said...

What a great idea for all those school pictures.

deedoodle said...

This is such a cute scrapbook page, You are so creative.

racinggrandma61 said...

I love this page. Isn't it sad how fast they grow. TY for the bloghop. Now I have to get hopping to the next one

Carol said...

Cute layout.

Jana said...

These flowers on your layout are stunning.

Melissa said...

Your LO and flowers are so beautiful!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

Mindy said...

The grow up so fast don't they?

- - Sheryl - - said...

Adorable. My neighbors child just turned 9 this week
love your paper flowers will have to make them.

Rebekah said...

Super cute blog and I love the spring layout! All of my scrapbooks so far have been 8 by 8 but I am getting inspired!

Susan said...

Your LO is darling (and so is your daughter). I love the wonderful mx of flowers!

connie said...

pretty LO! I love the flowers.

silvia said...

Great LO!! LOVE all the layered flowers!

Janet said...

Kandi - this is a great layout - I just love the colors and the flowers. I must give those a try.

SammiHoup said...

Very cute layout! Love the flowers

Bytesprite said...

Love those flowers. Cute girl.

Nana said...

I love your flowers!!! You have inspired me to join in on the fun... :_

Conley Family said...

Great layout! Such pretty colors!

Haidee said...

Yeah.. Spring colors.. :)

Rhonda said...

Simply Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kandi
Congarts on your first Just Buggin Blog Hop! Lovin it!
Yvonne

Hope said...

Great layout Kandi! Your daughter is so beautiful!

This Just Buggin' Hop is so fun-thanks for all you do for Just Buggin'!!

Jacqui said...

Just discovered your blog- I have followed Just buggin for ages, but didn't realise that you had a separate blog. i need to concentrate better!!
Anyway, loved you LO, now off to follow the blog hop to see what else i can discover :)

Denise said...

Love the flowers! Oh so pretty!

Dawn said...

I love the colors. i wish i had girls to do flowers.

Barb's Boys said...

She's so adorable - love the spring colors, nice choice for the hop...

jengd said...

Great layout and I LOVE those flowers!

PenLight said...

Holy Hoppin' batman, this is a great project.

Crystal aka Caitlynsmommy said...

Gorgeous. I love the colors and your daughter is so beautiful!

cinmfoster said...

Great layout, love the flowers.

Shannon Willis said...

Wow, this is my first blog hop. The layout you did is amazing. I love love love the flowers.

4kids4 said...

What a pretty page! Perfect colors for spring...love the speckled stamp on that word...and I love, love all the flowers you made. TFS!

~Sharon/4kids4 on the Cricut mb

Sarah Moore said...

Just a quick FYI to let you know we included you in our Spring Carnival on http://craftcritique.com

A Carnival only works if you share it! Please tell your readers all about it!

Thanks for playing along!

Sarah Moore said...

Just a quick FYI to let you know we included you in our Spring Carnival on http://craftcritique.com

A Carnival only works if you share it! Please tell your readers all about it!

Thanks for playing along!