Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JB #25 - Black and White!

The challenge this week at Just Buggin is Challenge 25 -Black and White - Make a black and white project -you can use ONE other color if needed.


I seriously don't think I've EVER made just a B/W card....EVER! I've always combined at least one other color with the two and old habits die hard I guess. ;) When I thought of the black and white challenge I thought about black heels for some reason and it stuck with me. I have a favorite pair of black heels that I wear to work, out to the bar, and even with my jeans at a wrestling match. ;) Oh ya, good times! (Especially sprinting down a high school hall way in heels racing my son, heeee!) So of course I wanted to make a simple card with a black heel and add some bling to it! I'm thinking this card will go to my friend Mel. She loves black heels as much as I do so I know she'll appreciate it! ;)



Adding some super cute shoes and sentiment from the Well Behaved set by Skipping Stones Design made this card so easy to put together! Both the scallop and shoe were cut out with my Gypsy and the Gypsy Wanderings cart. So loving my Gypsy, I use it all the time when designing my Cricut projects. Love it Mom and Dad, thanks so much! :)


I folded over some ribbon to create a base for my scallop and added some gemstones on either side. I love how it really makes you focus in on the center!

Make sure to check out the Just Buggin blog to see the other DT projects and come play with us! Also some exciting news! Just Buggin is doing a Blog Hop February 26th-28th! There will be blog candy on hidden blogs (wink wink), and you can also win a chance to be a Guest Designer with us during March! Check out Just Buggin for all the info today!


Supplies
CS:
Whisper White, Basic Black, Pink Passion
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Passion
Stamps: Well Behaved by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: gemstones, black satin ribbon, Gypsy Wanderings cart, 1/16 in hole punch

11 comments:

wendyp said...

cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love the b&w with the pop of pink!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

What a cute card! I love shoes--you can never have too many shoes! Thanks for sharing!

Haidee said...

VERY CUTE!!!! Shoes...that's all I have to say!!!

Saxo Stamper said...

This is lovely, doesn't the pink look gorgeous with the black.

Karen
JB DT

Hope said...

I love your black high heels with some bling! Great job on the challenge this week!

Hope
JB DT

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Very cute, love how the pink just makes it pop.

Lisa
JB-DT

Lynne said...

Cute Card!! I love the way you did the ribbon!! And the pink with the black and white..Great!
Lynne
JB DT

Ladybug Designs said...

way cute. I love that shoe. Even though I'm a barefoot kinda gal.

Barb's Boys said...

Very cute-love the bling on the shoes!

pezadoodle said...

what a cute idea!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cute and I agree with that sentiment 100%