Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Party Time!

I think I'm still in shock that its February! I seriously cannot believe it, haha! Today is the first Tuesday of the month so that means the Stamp Tramps (aka the SSD Design Team) are back with a new Guest Sketch Artist, Belinda Chang! She'll be joining us this month and has given us some fabulous sketches! Here is this weeks sketch!





Now, I haven't been the best rule follower when it comes to sketches, so this week I focused really hard on staying true to the sketch! I even incorporated the star instead of changing out the shape! How proud of me are you? ;) Well at least I'm a teensy bit pleased with myself anyway, ha! :)


I used Blocks and Borders Swirls for my celery layer, and then Chic Martini for the martini glass and sentiment. I think this would be a great layout to use for party invites. It has interesting layers, yet you can keep it fairly flat for mailing! I could have used a cardstock layer and kept it flat, but I added a bow on this one since I don't plan on mailing it. Jake's birthday party is coming up soon, so I think this might be the one I use to hand out to our friends. ;)






You can even dress up the inside! All the stamps in the inside here are from Chic Martini. How fun is this set?! I lined up all the Date/Time/Place/RSVP stamps on a block and stamped them all at once. This makes quick work of getting everything ready! Then I decorated the edges with the olive, star, and a sentiment from the set.








I don't know about you, but I would love to get a cute invite like this in the mail for a fabby party! I sometimes get so caught up in just emailing or texting friends for a party that I forget how fun these are to make and receive!

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!


Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell


February Guest Sketch Artist Belinda Chang

Supplies
CS: Real Red, Certainly Celery, Brocade Blue
Ink: Certainly Celery, Real Red, Brocade Blue, Basic Black
Stamp: Blocks and Borders Swirls, Chic Martini by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: red gemstones, Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, Copic YG03, George cartridge for star, SU clips assortment clip

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute!

Barb's Boys said...

Very cute - love the colors you chose!