Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It started with some ribbon...

I had this scrap of orange ribbon...and it leads to my card today, but in my true fashion I have a story behind it! ;)


While visiting my grandparents in Idaho over Christmas, my Grandma gave me a few spools of ribbon and some scraps she had. She sews dance costumes (she made Drill Team costumes for both my Aunt and I, 2o years apart but same high school, etc. haha! - Go Lakettes!) and always has a huge assortment of ribbons. She was happy to "de-junk" her ribbon drawer and I was happy to get some fun new ribbons! I have to digress again for a minute...do you remember the Friends episode where Monica had her "Ribbon Closet"?! I actually want a ribbon closet, haha!


Ok, so I had this scrap of orange ribbon from my Grandma that I wanted to see what I could come up with. (See that would have been tons easier to say but not as entertaining right?! Please humor me!) Now, I'm actually sad I don't have anymore of this ribbon. :( I will be searching for you, you cute orange satin ribbon!
I used kraft, chocolate, and vanilla cardstock to tone done the orange, and bring out the richness of each color. Doesn't this just make you smile and think of summer?! I stamed the script onto the kraft in chocolate ink from the Garden Kiss stamp set, and then the butterfly from the Healing Wings set. Its just what I needed during February...a promise of whats to come with Spring and Summer around the corner! ;)



Supplies
CS: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Stamps: Garden Kiss and Healing Wings by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, orange satin ribbon

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVe the story!!!!
Heather

Anonymous said...

I love the ribbonstory almost as much as I love the card!
Heather

Courtney Baker said...

Wow very pretty! And a great story!

Barb's Boys said...

Gorgeous ribbon and the stories make them so much fun, really gives your projects personality!

Chelsea said...

Love the card and the colors! Great stuff. P.S. There was some orange satin ribbon at my hobby lobby last night. Not sure if it was the exact same stuff or not.

Andrea, said...

Oh this is wonderful, fabulous stamps and colours