Monday, February 22, 2010

A forgotten card...

So, I've been trying to dig through my stash of cards that I hoard, ahem I mean, that I *save* for the perfect person to give it to. ;) I'm feeling the "urge to purge" my craft room and thought that was an easy place to start. Yikes, totally wrong! I'm worried about even going through my stacks of paper now...that will be a long job! I was also going through some old pictures I took last year of cards, and found one I never posted to the blog-o. Mainly because this particular one was going to be a surprise for my Mom...oops!


I decided to post it today and let her know "its in the mail..." ;) how many times have you heard that one MOM?! (I get my bad mailing habits from her!) But seriously, I know its still here in my card box, I just have to dig and find it so I can have the kids write her a little message and send it off. Another goal I "loosely" set for myself is to mail my family in Florida a card once a month, or at least my Mom. ;) I sent one last month, and time is running out for February so I gotta hurry!



My isn't really a sewing type person, but I took the chipboard heart, covered it to look like a patchwork quilt, and then just went with that theme. I made this last June I think, in preparation for Grandparents day...hmmm....better late than never right? ;)
Supplies
CS: Kraft, Chocolate Chip
DSP: Scenic Route
Misc: twill tape, Olive grosgrain, Opposites Attract Cartridge, Cosmo Cricket chipboard heart, hemp, buttons

3 comments:

Della said...

Oh! I love it!
And it's the thought that counts!
<3 Mom

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

OH!!! How could you forget this cutie?!?! (Spoken from a pot calling the kettle black!!!) I am getting ready to host another card swamp if you want to join in :)

Later gator!

Barb's Boys said...

Wow, the letters look like felt! Very cute ~