Monday, February 15, 2010

CIG February Layout!

Its time for the DT Reveal at Create It Green! As usual each month the Layout and Card teams have a sketch, and the Altered Art Team has a fun challenge with different elements. Make sure to take a look at the CIG Blog for everyone's projects!



This is the sketch the Layout Team was challenged with using this month. As usual, I didn't stick entirely to the sketch, but that's ok. Sketches are really a jumping off point, right? ;)





For the "GREEN" part of my project today, I used something right out of my garage! Have you ever done a small home repair project and ended up with lots of extra materials? If you've ever patched up a hole in a wall, you've probably used mesh tape before doing the mud work and paint. Well, then you know what a HUGE roll you get! This has sat in my garage for the last three years doing nothing! I've always wanted to play around with it in my crafty room, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity!




First, I layed strips down onto some kraft cardstock and brayered over it in chocolate chip ink.



Here's the final result, pretty interesting looking right?!







Here's what a I did with my handmade "patterned paper"! I added some foam thickers to create my title for a layout.

I rubbed the finished piece in my ink pad to give the letters a "muddy" look.





Here's the sneak peek you got last Monday! I roughed up the edges of my cardstock and rubbed it into my ink pad. Love the grungy look!





Here's another close up shot! I cut a strip and a small square of my mesh paper to continue to look throughout the layout.






And one more close up before the full thing. My sisters husband, my husband, and son went "Muddin" when we visited them in Oregon a few years ago. I love their little pose! My son sure loves his Uncle Josh! ;)



And here's the full layout! I'm so glad I finally got these scrapbooked! (Granted I still have a few more pictures that I'll need to do for a 2 page layout, but at least the idea is in place!) I knew I wanted something fun and muddy looking, so I'm estatic that I accomplished the look I was going for. ;) Don't you love when that happens?! Usually its the other way around for me, haha! ;)

So are you inspired to try this sketch and use some "Green" items? Be sure to link your project up at the CIG Blog!
Supplies
CS: Kraft
DSP: Karen Foster Design (Off Road Collage)
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Misc: mesh tape, brayer, Thickers, Creative Memories circle cutter, twine

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

Loved your 'patterned paper'! What a cool idea - the whole layout turned out awesome, bet Brady loves it!