Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday!

Welcome to SSD Sketch Tuesday! This is our last sketch for January, and I have had a blast with these sketches from our January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer! This week was of course no exception and I decided to use a new set coming out called Well Behaved! I have been wanting a really cute "fashion" set and I love all the fun images! I am so totally in love with the tube of lipstick in it right now! It's so cute! However, the first batch printed had a spelling error, and the little swirl has a bit missing. Soooo....check out the Skipping Stones Blog to see what Heather is doing with those 40 sets!


Here is the sketch for this week:





And here is my take on it:



I took the quote "The only thing that seperates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize" and paired it with some fun accessories! See that tube of lipstick...so in love with it!! (Of course it had to be red!) I stamped all four stamps on one block to make a little patterned paper background, and after that I stamped each individually in a fun color into the circle. The swirl next to the sentiment finished off that long strip at the bottom. Both the sentiment strip and the circle are up on pop dots.

*happy sigh* Can you see why I just love this set?! I'll have another sneak peek of it and one of the other sentiment stamps tomorrow! :)



Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!


Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Mary Giemza
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell

January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer


Supplies
CS: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Real Red
Stamps: Well Behaved by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, Chocolate Chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon, Real Red brads, Creative Memories circle cutter

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Love this, love the images!

Amanda Sewell said...

Adorable card Kandi!!! Love what you did!