Tuesday, January 19, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday!

Yay its Tuesday again! The Skipping Stones Design DT (the Stamp Tramps) along with our January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer are back with another sketch for you today! This week I actually followed the sketch! ;)


I used the recently released Coffee Vol 1 that was released with our Blog Hop! I definitely worked this set a few weeks ago, but I still had a lot I wanted to do with it! I love how you can take a set and use it in so many ways! I find I do that a lot with my SSD sets! You can see more cards with this coffee set here.

I found this yummy American Crafts ribbon when I was visiting family in Idaho over Christmas. I couldn't believe that in that teeny tiny little town (population under 2k or something like that!) I found this cute ribbon! I was on a kick with browns and pinks whenever I looked at this set so of course, I had to keep it goin! ;) The ribbon worked great to bring in all my colors seamlessly, and a button with some hemp tied it all together.

I also tried out something I'd had an idea to do, but wasn't sure if it would work out right. I was happy to find that it did! I stamped the coffee cup first, and then stamped the sentiment directly over it. Even though my ink is a lighter color, it shows through perfectly on top of the cup and makes the focal point work together with the sentiment! I can't wait to see what other stamps I can do this with!


Speaking of the Blog Hop, have you had a chance to make some cards with your new stamp sets you ordered or won?! I know I would LOVE to see what you do with them, and leave you a little love as well! :) On Splitcoast Stampers if you go to the Company Galleries, Skipping Stones Design has its own section! You can see any cards that are tagged with the keyword "Skipping Stones Design"! Is that great or what?! So when you upload, just leave it in the Member Galleries, but use the keyword and it will link up there! You can see a lot of cards from our guest sketch artists, and the rest of the DT. On our Facebook SSD Fan Page you can interact with our DT and other fans of SSD! You can link a card there, and it will go into our Fan Photos album! So link those cards up so we can all see what you've done with these awesome stamp sets!!

Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!

Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell

January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer



Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1
Misc: Swiss Dots CB folder, American Crafts ribbon, button, hemp, Soft Subtles brads, George cartridge (for circles)

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love this set and you always do the cutest things with it!

mycardz said...

Wow! I love your card. Great details and I really think I NEED this stamp set now! :) Awesome job on this challenge. hugz, Mary

Barb's Boys said...

Very cute - love the Swiss Dots and I must say I think Kraft is my new favorite color!