Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday!

Its time for another SSD Sketch Tuesday! Our very talented January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer gave us this great sketch to work with this week! I (of course) had to flip it, haha! Why can't I ever follow the rules or instructions? ;)





I used one of my other favorite sets You Know You're Gettin Old! I hadn't used the little car yet so I thought this was the perfect time to! I paper pieced the car, and my son told me it was the coolest little car he'd ever seen, so I think that's good enough for me! ;) I also embossed the patterned paper square as well as the little tab on the side. It just adds another dimension to your project!

I stamped the sentiment both above and below the car. By stamping it below the car, it grounds it so the car isn't "floating" on the white. Don't you just love this cute little car?! I'm actually super excited to use this set to make cards for my parents and my in-laws for birthdays this year! They always love getting a handmade card, and if they get a good laugh out of it as well, then its going to be fun this year for sure! ;)


Be sure to check out the other "Stamp Tramps" and our guest sketch artist to see what they've come up with!

Amanda Sewell
Angela Thomas
Chels VanWyk
Erin Grotegut
Michelle Giraud
Peggy Russell

January Guest Sketch Artist Amy Sheffer



Supplies
CS: Certainly Celery, Only Orange, Bashful Blue
DSP: Summer Picnic and Prints Pack I
Ink: Certainly Celery, Only Orange, Basic Black
Stamp: You Know You're Gettin Old
Misc: Tab punch, scallop border punch, Designer button, Bashful Blue striped grosgrain ribbon, dmc floss, Spots and Dots CB folder

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

Way cute, love the paper piecing!