Tuesday, January 5, 2010

SSD Sketch Tuesday and Blog Hop!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited you've come for a visit via the Skipping Stones Designs Blog Hop today! I'm so looking forward to working with all of these super talented ladies you're hopping to and from! Today the newest members of the Design Team were officially announced, so needless to say I'm all sorts of happy! ;) You'll meet all of the "Stamp Tramps" on the hop, as well as see some Splitcoast Stampers Dirty Dozen and DD Alumni along the way!



If you've just happened upon my blog, you can CLICK HERE to start from the beginning at Skipping Stones Design. You should have arrived here from Belinda Chang's blog!


Along the way, the Skipping Stones Design Team (aka the Stamp Tramps) will have blog candy for you to enter. As an added bonus, there will also be 4 stamp sets (new stamp sets not yet released) hidden along the hop, but we’re not telling you where so be sure to leave some love as you hop!!! Make sure you leave comments on every post so you have a chance to win!! The winners will be announced on Friday, January 8th at Skipping Stones Design.


For the blog hop today the Stamp Tramps are using the Tuesday sketch created by our January Sketch artist Amy Sheffer! If you haven't been by her blog you must! She is immensely talented and creates such breathtaking cards! Here is our sketch for today!






I decided for my first ever SSD sketch to use my favorite stamp set Cupcake Cutie! There are so many ways to use this set that I never tire of using it! You can see three different cards and three different ways to use this set from a post I did last week. For this card I decided to show yet another way you can use these cupcakes! ;) Seriously so versatile and super fun to mix and match! Instead of stamping the frosting base with embossing glitter, this time I added glitter to the frosting outline after I'd stamped it. Such a fun look, right?!






You'll notice I flipped the sketch, and that my circle is a little bigger than that square. I'm cool with it if you are. ;) I loved that cupcake paper so much I had to make sure a bit more of it showed! The yellowish square is the reverse of the cupcake paper. I love getting more mileage out of my paper when I can use the reverse side! I added a little scalloped border to the long piece, and tied on a ribbon to dress it up. The sentiment was embossed with white ep to keep with the soft feel of the card.




Here's another card with this sketch using Chic Martini! Seriously, I LOVE this set and I just couldn't stop at one card! ;) I made a few cards with this set last week as well, and I just can't seem to stop using it! I also paired it with the sentiment from Margarita Birthday, and accented the saying with stars from Chic Martini.


I flipped the sketch on its side too, and although I "lost" half a circle at the bottom, I love how bright and funky it turned out! The rainbow dot paper jumped out at me, and just screamed to be used with this set! So I added in a few pinks, brads, bling, and some crystal effects! I angled the glasses to look like they were "clinking" together for a cheers! :)



While we are on the subject of cheers - My husband Jake and his "man friend" or his "hetero life mate" Nick, (seriously what do you call a guys bff?!) are serious Sopranos lovers, so everytime we all do a cheers we say "Salute" which is Italian for "Cheers". Anyone else have a fun way or tradition to cheers your drinks instead of a normal "cheers"? Just curious!





So do you have a favorite stamp set already as you've hopped from the last few blogs?! I hope you get to see some more of these stamps in action as they are all super cute and so hilarious! The next stop on this fun blog hop is to Deb Felts so head on over! But first, make sure to leave a comment here to win some blog candy! I do have a stamp set to give away, but I'm keeping it a secret just because I can, hehe! ;) You will be so happy with it though, I know! I'm wishing I could keep it, haha! Good luck!


**Oh and, did you notice that Coffee Vol. 1 is being released today as well?! I will have some cards tomorrow with this set, so don't forget to come back! ;) Also, today and tomorrow ALL stamps are 25% OFF! The code is 25OFF at checkout so make sure to add that in with your order!

Supplies

Cupcake Cutie
CS: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
DSP: Kaisercraft - Sugar Sugar (Buttercream)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Versamark
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie from Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Embossed Curve border punch (EK Success), decorative stick pins (Fancy Pants), designer button (SU), dmc floss, white ep, satin ribbon, Creative Memories circle cutter, dazzling diamonds


Cheers!
CS: Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Pink Passion, Whisper White
DSP: We R Memory Keepers - Tiffany's (Farrow)
Ink: Basic Black, Pink Passion
Stamp: Margarita Birthday and Chic Martini from Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Copic YG03, gemstones, silver brads, crystal effects

89 comments:

corinna said...

I just love all the SSD sets...and the hilarious sayings...and my favorite set is the BRA #1 which is sold out....boo hoo!! But I also LOVE the new coffee ss cuz I'm a coffee kinda gurl! Love the cupcake cards...tfs....hop, hop, hop.....

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

LOVE BUG!!!! Love the cards! i am SO glad you tirned me on to SSD!!! GREAT stamps! Anyways- we are HUGE Soprano fans as well :) Dustin loves syaing, "Da Family Bizness". Matthew loves saying cheers whenever we eat dinner and has to go around the table with his sippy cup and clink glasses with everyone! lol!!!!

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card! Great job with the layout too!

Deb said...

So fun to see how different the same sketch can look! Love both of these! One is soft and sparkly, the other so dramatic! Both fabulous!

Amanda D. said...

Beautiful cards! Your cupcake looks yummy and your drinks look delicious! I love how you used the same sketch in two different ways and they both look great!

Chelsea said...

My fave by far is the drinks! Both are sure cute. Great job!

Angela (jellybean74) said...

Loving your samples!!! They are both so pretty!!!

So glad to have you on the Design Team.

Cindy O'Donnell said...

Love the cupcake card! I just ordered some of those "pins" so now have a great idea on how to use them!

Stacey said...

Both of your cards are beautiful but that cupcake one.......ohhhh....I'm a SUCKER for cupcakes!! LOVE those little pins....and the ribbon!!! PERFECT touch!

Huzzah616 said...

Very cute card. I love the colors too!! Great job!

Brandi said...

These are terrific!! Super duper cute! :)

Karen B said...

Wow, what a great card. Thanks for the chance to win.

StampinCathy said...

Beautiful cards and just love the colors and sentiments. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy along this awesome hop.

Holly aka Toy said...

How fun are these?! Great job on this sketch! I want to go try it now :)

A-M said...

All of these sets are soooo adorable!! I cannot wait to get my hands on them all! Cute card!!

Lea L. said...

These are both seriously cute! Cupcakes, margaritas and martinis....you can't go wrong! Tee hee!

♥Lea

Heather said...

The Cupcake card is perfectly sweet and sparkly!! The Martini card is bright and Fun!!! I LOVE what you have done with these stamps!!!! I am so lucky to have you on the DT;0)

Jeri said...

Both your cards are so great. I'm glad we don't have to choose a favorite. I'm loving all the stamps and hilarious sayings. I'll be shopping when I'm done hopping.

Mama mia said...

loved the card. I loved how you had the cupcake and the ribbon on the side. So cute and so inspiring.

PamS said...

Great inspiration with all these stamp sets.

Jo said...

cute/fun card & sayings

Vijaya Siddharth said...

Love the card! I am so loving all the SSD stamps...Wish I had seen them before! Well its never too late:D

Shannon Marie said...

more cupcakes and drinks! Like i said on another blog in the hop - i'm getting hungry!!!

Terra said...

I love the glitter frosted outline on this cupcake! I can't get over how great it looks. It jumps off the paper. I seriously want a cupcake soooo bad right now.

flowergirl said...

I really like the colors u used on ur card,,Pink and black..i have to give it a shot too

Rosalee said...

Those cards are both beautiful, I especially love the bow you made on the Cupcake card. Thanks for the fun hop
Hugs, Rosalee

Sally said...

Love this bow! Thanks for sharing.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!!!!

Lisa Petrella said...

Both of your cards are fantastic!! Today was the first time I'd heard of SSD!! What a fun stamp company!!

lauracox said...

This blog hop is so fun, and the cards you made are just too cute!! Thank you for sharing them!!

Peggy said...

I love both cards, but especially the cheers card. I just ordered those stamps. Can't wait to use them.

Ola said...

Love your cards!!! Cupcakes are my fav!!!

**hopping along**

okj83@live.com

Cassie said...

I love it! My 8 year old daughter is sitting with me, and she thinks your card is beautiful too ;D

Pat said...

I love both of your cards. The cupcake card is very yummy!

maiahs_momma said...

LOVE all the sets, all are must have's for sure :)! Love your card :)!

Inky Hugs,
Catherine
catlevy@eastlink.ca
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

beadz said...

These are so cute!
hugs,
Gini

Belinda said...

How fun are these both? :) LOVE them and great take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

This has been a great blog hop. I love all the new stamps and what you all have done with them.

Yvonne said...

Love the ribbon and button detail on the cupcake card and the great colours on the drinks card. These are fun stamps.

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Amazing creations thanks for sharing!!!!

Beautiful Greetings said...

Awesome cards Kandi! I am so happy you are joining the tramps :)

Candy M said...

What lovely cards! :) I think my favorite set is Bra #1. :)

Candy
papercandy@gmail.com

Michelle Giraud said...

Love the 2 cards - great job on the challenge!

foxyenglishcrafter said...

Awesome cards. Love the colour combination on the cup cake card.

connie said...

love your cards! my favorite so far is the cupcake set.

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi, I made it to your site! What fun...I really need to go home though. You've been such an inspiration with your ideas and your talent! Thanks, Barb

Cher said...

I cannot get over that I dont have any of these sets! I love me! I need funny stamps in my collection...and yep...Im a coffee gal too so I noticed! lol..your cards are great! ty for sharing..good luck to all! cher

kc_froglady said...

ohhh I love the pins in the Cupcake Cutie one. What a sweet treat!

Camishel said...

Both cards are super cute..love the drinks!

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

As I have said Cupcakes are always winners and so is your card but the Cheers is wonderful. I really love the blending.

Big MaMMA gotta keep hoppin

lavendarrose29 said...

That cupcake makes me hungry. You usedgreat colors and the second card is seriously cute.

Emma's Mom said...

I love these! This hop has been so inspirational for me...I resolve to have more time to myself this year to be able to use these!

Phillane E'lee said...

I just love your cards. Very pretty. New to this card making but loving the inspiration from the hop.
Have a wonderful week. I will be back.
Blessings,Pea

Kim Teasdale said...

Congrats on being picked for the SSD DT :) I love that you made 2 fantastic fun cards for the event! Pure fabulousness!

Laurie Marmon said...

very cute cards. thanks for sharing! cheers!

nkm said...

those are sooooo cute...i signed up to follow your blog...love your work

Rufus said...

Not fair keeping secrets! Love the cards and the hop.
R/

Regina said...

Fabulous end result though, great work with the sketch.
Regina*

kathy s said...

this cupcake card is fabulous- love the way the frosting looks- good enough to eat these stamp sets are great can't wait to get some.

Cindy said...

Love the Cheers card.

naturecoastcrafter said...

I really enjoyed seeing this set--I think I have a previous version maybe? The Coffee cup set is very nice too. I like what you did with it in today's blog entry. Thanks for the inspiration and peek.

Shannon Roberts said...

You did an amazing job representing these sets; no I have to HAVE THEM!!

JOAN said...

Love both cards! Great job and the coloring is super. Thanks for sharing.

Krissy said...

love all these sets! great sentiments!

Kay said...

I'm lovin' that cupcake cutie card- the colors are great, and that bow is just yummy.
Thanks!

Amanda Sewell said...

Your cupcake cutie card is just absolutely ADORABLE! You rock girl! Excited to be on the DT with you!!!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Especially loving that martini! Love the cards!

Teela said...

Really cute cards. Love the SSD sets...

Debbie C. said...

love the brown and pink combo..that cupcake looks yummy

jengd said...

Cute cards! LOVE your martini glass- SO real looking!

Hollyk said...

cute cards. Thanks for sharing

Arianne said...

Wow. those cards are amazing!

Gloria Westerman said...

Just love it.....will have to do the outline on the frosting too.....thanks for sharing...

Stephanie Gruss said...

I love the cupcakes and the soft, elegant look that the white embossing powder gives the sentiment! Just lovely!

Creative Mish said...

Great cards! I love that you used little cupcake paper with the cupcake stamps. So cute!

T said...

Love your cards..and I need to use my pins on a card soon...

Jocelyn said...

I love cupcakes...making them, eating them, and stamping them:-)

Dawn Mercedes said...

Ooh! I love the pastels on the dark black! So striking in contrast.

Lee - grandmalee said...

What an absolute awesome couple of cards! Love, love, love everything down to your choice of background papers. I'm so in love with cupcakes, so you know my favorite!

sweetpz said...

i love both your cards! all the colors go together really nicely!

Barb - Fiskateer #2975 said...

I like what you did with all the new coffee stamps! (A girl with a new toy! LOL!) As for a favorite... hmmm the bra set(s)... and the funny/birthday sets too! I can't choose just one!

Julie Marshall said...

Super cute cards. I love these stamp sets. Glad I stumbled upon this hop!

Kathy H said...

Oh I love both!

Holly said...

Beautiful cards! Loving the blog hop! Thanks for the chance!

Ramona said...

Beautiful card Kandi - I just love these stamp sets!

Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

weze said...

great cards and LUV the coffee set especially since I used to own a coffee house!

gocanucksgo said...

Fantastic looking cards! I love the colours on the last one.

Amy Sheffer said...

Oooo, this is the cutest, Kandi! Love your take on the sketch, and I'm sooooo looking forward to hanging out with the SSD girls in January!

Rajee said...

So cute. Follow your blog. Please follow my blog, http://momsfocusonline.com/time-to-follow-blog-hop-for-july.html to return the favor