Friday, January 22, 2010

Just Buggin #21

Happy Friday! This week at Just Buggin the challenge is monochromatic!

Challenge 21 - Monochromatic Challenge - Use a monochromatic color theme on your Cricut project

I accidentally cheated a bit and used a little gray on my project! Oh well, its still all within that same color as my blue right? ;) (Go with me on this one!)




For my monochrome color I chose Brocade Blue, and everything including the cardstock, patterned paper, ribbon and ink were that color, and then a little gray thrown in. ;) Now I could have used different blues to be going with the monochromatic challenge, but I guess I wasn't thinking! My snowflakes were cut out with the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, and I tied them up with some silver cord to let them dangle. I added a scalloped border at the top and folded it down just a bit to separate the blues.

Funny story for this card. It snowed in Florida on the 9th (when I actually made this card), so I had to make and send it to my family as a joke! ;) They probably didn't think it was funny, but I sure did! They are always telling me how warm it is, and taunting me that they are out in the pool, etc., etc. So ha-ha!


Supplies
CS: Brocade Blue, Going Gray DSP: SU Prints Pack II
Ink: Brocade Blue
Stamp: Snowflakes
Misc: Gypsy Wanderings cartridge, silver cord, Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, button, scallop border punch

9 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Kandi

this is gorgeous, love the colours and the design.

Karen x

Lynne said...

Beautiful! And I like the colors!! (even the little silver..LOL)
Lynne JB DT

Hope said...

Beautiful colors on your card! I have to agree with you that I think gray is in the same color family *wink*!

Christine said...

Funny story for a great card! I'd send it to them if they teased me all the time!

Blessings,
Christine
Just Buggin' DT

Barb's Boys said...

Can you believe snow in Florida! Good timing, and yes it looks totally monochromatic to me!

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Kandi, this is great. I love the blue. I always have a problem with monochromatic, but you make it look so easy.

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Kandi,
this is an absolutely lovely card. I hope your family enjoyed the snow, even if it probably lasted a day.

Robin :)

Lori (THCEO) said...

Love this Kandi! Love the blues!!!

Lori C.
JB DT