Thursday, January 14, 2010

If you obey all the rules....

...You miss all the fun!


Everyone please, don't tell my daughter that until she's at least 21! I've done enough rule breaking for the two of us I think! My Dad once told me that only the good die young so to keep on being bad! I'm pretty sure I've done a great job of that! ;)


This is another fun sentiment in Chic Martini that I hadn't used yet, and I wanted to! And also being a rule breaker I made my martini unusual colors, but I love it! The yellow transparency print is from Hambly Screen Prints, and I love the transparency with the sentiment stamped right on it. By using Staz-On it went on great and stayed there!


For the background, I used the star, swirl and olive pick to make a custom embossed background. One of the things I love about clear stamps is you can arrange everything on your block, and stamp a few times and be done. I've been there and done that with single wood mount stamps and had to stamp a gazillion times to get the look I was going for. This makes quick work of that background!



Can you believe there are still a few sentiments in Chic Martini that I haven't used yet? One of my "goals" (I'm saying goals veeerryyy loosely here) this year is to use every individual stamp in a set on a card or project. That way I'll feel like I'm getting the most use out of any new sets I get this year. I feel like I may have just dug my own grave with that "goal", but we'll see! ;)



Supplies
CS: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White, Hambly Screen Print
Ink: Staz On, Basic Black, Versamark
Stamp: Chic Martini
Misc: satin ribbon, button, silver cord, scallop border punch, clear ep, Copic Y13, B29

1 comment:

Barb's Boys said...

You can do it - I know you can!