Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gettin Old Birthday Cake

I love this cake that's included in the You Know You're Gettin Old stamp set from Skipping Stones Design!


This cake could be colored in so many different ways to make it for just about anyone! Little boys, little girls, or even an "over the hill" cake in black and gray! Wouldn't that be hilarious! Ok, think I need to make that one for my Grandpa! ;)


This card started out as my SSD sketch card for the week, but the sketch was more square so this is similiar, but not quite what the sketch called for.


I love adding stamps to patterned paper to give it that extra little somthing! I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from this set in Real Red randomly (alliteration I love you, ha!). The cake was colored in with a pink Copic and then with SU colored pencils and a blender pen. I added a few gemstones to the cake for fun. My sisters birthday is coming up in a few months (yes the more ahead of time I am the better!) and I think she'd love this yummy looking birthday card!






Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Real Red
DSP: SU Prints Pack I
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Stamp: You Know You're Gettin Old
Misc: EK Success Curved emboss border punch, Real Red polka dot grosgrain ribbon, gemstones, SU colored pencils, blender pen, Copic RV11

No comments: