Monday, January 18, 2010

Garden Kiss!

I got some new stamps from Skipping Stones Design on Friday, and since Jake was at an overnighter Wrestling tournament this weekend I knew I could play to my hearts content! :)

Isn't that a fun name...Garden Kiss?! I was in love with the set when I saw it, and was so excited for a set that was specificially designed for "Kissing"! It has some gorgeous silhouettes and some really fun textures to play with!

Take a look at the video Heather did here. This shows four different ways to kiss with your stamps! This set isn't just for kissing though! I'll show you two entirely different cards with some of the stamps that are in this set.

This first card has stamp kissing on it and some fun stuff! The script in this set made me think of some Scenic Route patterned paper I had. So I decided to use the stamp and make some flowers like I did on a Create It Green layout here that I created in November, (but didn't post until December).



I stamped the background repeatedly on a scrap of cardstock and got six punched scallop circles from it. That worked perfect! I used five to make the puffy flower, and a single one with a larger cork circle on it. I punched a one inch circle, and a half inch circle to make the centers for my flowers. By using a small hole punch I was able to make a "button" to tie some linen thread through my other flower. I inked everything up and then got to work doing some kissing...stamp kissing with the birds! ;)







I also used the ribbon lace stamp from the Frills set to add a fun strip in the middle. I love the separation this adds without making it extra bulky! I cut the top straight and used a scallop border punch for the bottom.




Next up is my totally different card! I didn't do any stamp kissing on this card because I wanted to show you how versatile this set is for other projects! I used the flower image and the dotted circle to make some fun flowers, and stamped a few random dots all over. The sentiment is from Healing Wings. I thought it fit perfect with this colorful card!




Thanks for stopping by today! :)



Supplies

French Script Birds
CS: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla
DSP: Scenic Route
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Garden Kiss by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: scallop border punch, scallop circle punch, 1 in circle, 1/2 in circle, cork, linen thread, brad, corner rounder


Friends
CS: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Real Red, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Stamp: Garden Kiss, Healing Wings by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: buttons, Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, DMC floss

3 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

Love, love, love the kissing birds!

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

LOVE the super chic cards!!!!!!! Awesome job girlie!!

mE said...

GOOOOOORGEOUS!!! I love them both, but I REALLY love what you did with the non kissy face card. It's so whimsical and HAPPY! Perfect for this dreary Utah weather!

I have this set and LOVE it.

Mwah! (hahaha!)

or

Inky Mwahs!

LOLOL!

E.