Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cupcakes....again!

Another little cupcake card, yes again! ;) I love this Cupcake Cutie set from Skipping Stones Design! I used the colors from Dawn's color challenge this week since its been ages since I've played along!


Yesterday I had the worst migraine ever. I finally started feeling better around 7:30 last night so I thought I'd try to make a quickie card before turning in early for bed.




The colors for the challenge are light yellow, aqua, chocolate, and cream. I've been wanting to do a cupcake with a "buttercream" frosting so this was the perfect reason to do it! I stamped the "Sweet" sentiment in Saffron onto Barely Banana cardstock for my background, and did the same for my cupcake frosting. To pull more of the aqua color (which I used last years Baja Breeze since I didn't have an aqua) into my card other than just the border, I used a little button from my stash. The scallop circle was cut out with the Storybook cartridge, and I used a small hole punch on each scallop. I raised it up on foam dots after.


Oh also, I wanted to let you gals know about the Spiltcoast page for Skipping Stones Design, as well as the Facebook fan page! If you purchased some sets during our blog hop, or if you plan on getting some later, make sure to share those cards with us!! I know I would LOVE to see what you do with them, and leave you a little love as well! :) On Splitcoast Stampers if you go to the Company Galleries, Skipping Stones Design has its own section! You can see any cards that are tagged with the keyword "Skipping Stones Design"! Is that great or what?! So when you upload, just leave it in the Member Galleries, but use the keyword and it will link up there! You can see a lot of cards from our guest sketch artists, and the rest of the DT.


On our Facebook SSD Fan Page you can interact with our DT and other fans of SSD! You can link a card there, and it will go into our Fan Photos album!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies
CS:
Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Barely Banana
Ink: So Saffron, Barely Banana, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Cupcake Cutie
Misc: Embossed Curve Border Punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, Storybook cartridge, 1/16 in hole punch, button, hemp

9 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Sign up a a facebook fan yesterday. First page I am a FAN of..lol....I've been holding out! Can't wait to get my SSD stamps in the mail. Do you think my post lady will think it's weird for me to sit by the mailbox in the snow and wait?????? lol.

Thanks for sharing and glad your head feels better. It is impossible to be creative when your head feels that way!!!

FibreJunky said...

That's a quick card? Colour me impressed!! Love it!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!!

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love the cupcake!

Two Happy Stampers said...

So pretty! Love the crumpled paper in the background. =)

Carly said...

This is so fun! Love your card!

Maureen said...

Oh, what a yummy ribbon!! Love the button and blue border at the bottom...fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE how you stamped SWEET all over the paper and crumpled it! FAB card!

Terri E. said...

Great bow and wonderful crimpled paper. Way to rock Dawn's color challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.