Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coffee Vol. 1

Yay! I was so excited this set was being released with the blog hop yesterday! I hope you had a fun time hopping, I know I did! ;) I wanted to let you all know how much your sweet comments mean to me! Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments, and I wish all of you could win!

I'm also so glad you are all as excited about these stamps from SSD as I am, and I was super excited to hear some of you ordered your favorite sets yesterday! Don't forget, you still have today to get 25% off on your order. Enter 25off at checkout, but it only lasts through today!

Ok, onto this stamp set now - Seriously, I love coffee. I'm not a huge addict like some friends I know, but I do love my White Chocolate Mochas from Starbucks. Totally the cure for an irritated, angry, somber, or even morose Kandi! ;) Nothing perks me up like one of those babies! I'd been looking the last few months for a really good coffee set - something that had a couple images as well as some cute and clever sayings. So when I saw this set, I knew I'd found just what I'd been looking for!


Coffee Vol. 1 is pretty much the perfect coffee set I think! You have your coffee "ring", coffee cup, and the coffee to-go cup. Which, um yeah, reminds me of how much I want a Starbucks right now! Also, see the little star with the buck in front of it?! Get it?! Hehehe clever right?! Then you have the funny sayings and the crazy haired lady in her robe and slippers. Cute right?!


Ok, enough talk, you want the cards, that's what you came here for right? ;)


This first card, I just love these coffee cups! I had an idea to stack up the cups, so I cut them all out, and then started stacking until they looked right. I wanted to keep it feeling warm so I used Caramel with my Rose and Blue colors. Isn't this sentiment too fun?! I'm always so bad at mailing cards on time to my family that they might all just get cards with this saying on it!



This next card uses the cute to-go cup that I am head over heels for! There are still so many things I want to do with this cup on a card! ;) I decided to stamp the cups as a background, but then to also stamp onto patterned paper for my focal point. Using the cute "star buck" as my label was such a snap to line up! I wanted the center to look like the bands you get around your to-go cup, so I stamped the sentiment and then the little star inbetween. Doesn't it remind you of the "caution hot" things? HA!


So while I was playing around with this to-go cup I thought I'd do a couple more just to show how fun it can be!

I did a little paper piecing on this card with both the patterned paper and cardstock. I also embossed the little coffee rings so they really pop!



For this card, I wanted to keep it really simple, and use a crimped band like some of the belly bands you get on coffee cups. I also clear embossed the coffee rings on this one, but I also sponged around the rings for a fun look!





Last, I thought I'd used that cute coffee ring as a background for two mini cards, since you know I can't seem to put it down! ;) These would be so perfect tied to a little coffee mug, or a can of instant coffee!


By keeping both cards the same size, and using coordinating elements, it was a snap to put these together!


Well, do you just love Coffee Vol 1?! I know I am in love, and can't wait to play with this set more. Can I please have more time in the day just to make cards and play with my stamps?! Puuulease!


Supplies

Happy Birthday (a little latte)
CS: Creamy Caramel, Whisper White DSP: SU Prints Pack II
Ink: Creamy Caramel, Brocade Blue, Regal Rose
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, button, scallop border

Espresso My Gratitude
CS: Kraft, Chocolate Chip DSP: MME
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: hemp

Good to the Last Drop
CS: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Kraft DSP: SU Prints
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: clear ep, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, George cartridge for tag, hemp, embossed curve border punch

Tall Espresso
CS: Kraft, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Old Olive
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: Olive grosgrain ribbon, crimper, clear ep

Some things...
CS: Kraft, Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: button, dmc floss, real red grosgrain ribbon, MS cornice border punch

Caffeine Problem
CS: Kraft, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Stamp: Coffee Vol 1 by Skipping Stones Design
Misc: buttons, dmc floss, very vanilla grosgrain ribbon, MS cornice border punch

7 comments:

kathy s said...

what a great set of cards- wheres the coffee - i need coffee- thats what i feel right now- thanks a lot - hhheee heeee

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great cards!

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

I am a WCM girlie too!!!!!! Makes it all better :) Funny story- I kept having these charges on my bank card that said SBUXand a bunch of numbers. I noticed they were showing up all over the place for anywhere from $4.75 to $7.25. For the life of me I couldn't figure it out. THEN it hit me...SBUX- STARBUCKS. oops. Dustin tells me I am the smartest dumb girl he knows. :) Great cards!!

Barb's Boys said...

Kandi these are soooo cute! Where do you find the time????

jengd said...

Wow! What a great set of cards! Lovin' that coffee ring! :)

Lee - grandmalee said...

WOW! You really know how to work a set! All of your cards are awesome...maybe you've been hitting the caffeine a little bit extra lately since you couldn't stop at one card...eh?

Christian Cropper said...

I wasn't real sure about this set until I saw your cards. I love them. You are very talented.