Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Borders, borders...

Happy Wednesday! Halfway through the week, yes!


This card is a little different today, just a bit of a warning. ;) I'd set a "goal" for myself that for any new stamp sets I got this year I am to use every stamp in a set at least once on a card or project. You know, just to get more out of the sets! Well, I got some new border stamps from Skipping Stones Design and decided to make a card with a bunch of those borders. Crazy, right?!

Anyway, here was how I started out on this crazy process! I actually took pictures along the way, but deleted them when I was updating our Family Blog and clearing out my memory card. And of course being thorough I emptied the recycle bin as well. Sorry! I'll show you the card and then give you the deets though!


So, I first picked out the borders that I wanted to use and lined them up in the order I liked. Then I picked out my colors, dug out strips from my scrap pile and lined them up. Once I got an order I liked I started stamping. I then added them on starting at the bottom with the chocolate border punch piece and layered up. I had a few overhangs that I trimmed off the sides. The butterflies are from the SU Beautiful Butterflies die, and I used another border stamp to give them some dimension. How cool that the stamp was butterflies...its like I planned it out or something! ;) Then a little ribbon to finish off the top half. I decided to leave a sentiment off the front so that it can be used for whatever I need it to be. A stamp on the inside, or just a personal note would be just fine!

Here are the borders listed in order starting from the top strip and the set they are in:
4 -7 Frills


These are really all so gorgeous combined together, but I can't wait to use them on individual cards now! I know this is kind of a crazy and totally out there card, but can I tell you I totally dig it?! Such a different card and I'm lovin it!
Supplies
CS: Kraft, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Misc: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Fiskars Apron Lace punch, Beautiful Butterflies die, button, linen thread

2 comments:

Barb's Boys said...

OK - so now I need to order a borders set...very cute.

mE said...

Oh I love that! I love how you used the borders stamps to make designer paper!!

~inky Smiles