Monday, January 4, 2010

10 Minute Scrap Pile Challenge

If you've ever visited the talented Jess Witty's blog, then you know what the 10 Minute Scrap Pile Challenge is. Each week she'll use the scraps in her pile (hence the name, ha!) to make a card in 10 minutes. (hence...) So this weekend I thought I might just have a go at her challenge. Now, I had a lot of scraps in my little basket from loooonnnng ago. Some I actually threw away because I knew I was never going to do anything with it for one reason or another. It was actually kind of fun going through my old things and trying to remember just why I'd stamped that image, or when I'd cut out that shape on my Cricut. Some I rememered, most I didn't!


Anyway, here is what I was leftover with after I'd rummaged through my basket. (I'd been to a crop that day so my regular crafty stuff was a little in disarray as I'd decided to unpack/craft at the same time. FYI - never a good idea!)


I had patterned papers, a scalloped border, some embellishments, cut outs, stamped images, and even embossed cardstock in that basket. The brown card with ribbon was in there too...still trying to figure out where I was going with that one when I chucked it in the basket! I must have gone in a totally different direction with colors I guess!



I also had a little help from my kitty Roxy. ;) Usually she sits on my lap (seriously difficult to craft when she does that!), but I guess she thought that made a good as spot as any to take a nap.


Roxy: Please, get that camera out of my face! Can't you tell I'm trying to nap here?

Ok so 10ish minutes later I had a card done! I say "ish" because I kept having to reach for a few things that were still packed, like adhesive! Anyway, am I happy with this card? Meh, kinda, haha, its definitely interesting and something out of my box I guess. Am I glad I tried it though and used up pieces in my scrap basket? Oh ya! Everything from the card base (with the already tied on ribbon!), the cut out leaves and tag, and even the threaded button were in that basket. I didn't even have to cut the patterened paper. I just used it as was and called it good! The only thing I added was the swirls to the leaves, so all in all it was a super quick card! I just loved the sense of throw it on and don't pull anything else out!


Also, don't forget tomorrow is the big FIRST EVER Skipping Stones Design blog hop! You'll want to make sure you go to the Skipping Stones home page for the first blog, and then hop from blog to blog! Leave comments on every blog too for a chance to win some stamp sets! There will be over $300 worth of sets given away, and you can get 25% off Tuesday and Wednesday!! How cool is that?! See you tomorrow for the blog hop and my first ever SSD Sketch Tuesday!


Supplies
CS:
Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, misc. dsp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Priceless, Pocket Silhouettes
Misc: Gypsy Wanderings cartridge (leaves), George cartridge (tag), So Saffron ribbon, linen thread, button

3 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

I love "scrap" cards! Great job and what a cute kitty!!!!!! I can't wait for the SSD hop! I had never heard of them before you :) Hope I win some goodies! I did Erin's SSD Challenge too!!

Jessica said...

Yellow and green... of course, I love it! I'm so glad you played along! And, by the way, Your blog is totally adorable.

Jessica Witty
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal

mE said...

What a fabulous idea!!! I'm going to try this on Wed when I'm not working...

I love your kitty!! SHe's a doll!

And your ink... girllllllll... We gotta get you an INKSTAK!!! Give me a shout out and we can work something out!

~Inky Smiles!

Erin