Monday, December 21, 2009

Skipping Stones Design!!

To quote a popular phrase I hear in blogland - "I'm over the moon excited!" Actually, its more like I'm over the sun, moon and stars excited! I applied for the Skipping Stones Design Team, and I am thrilled (um I'll be honest its more like bouncing off the walls trying to contain myself) to announce I'll be joining the lovely Stamp Tramps! ;) The stamps are spunky, sassy and seriously hilarious, and I can't wait to work with Heather and the talented DT girls! I also cannot wait to get my hands on these "bad babies" (to quote Brady!) and do some stampin!


Do you ever look at a stamp set and have a bazillion ideas going through your head of cards you could make, or ways you could stamp it? Oh-ya, uh-huh, that's exactly what these stamps do to me! *squeal* Knowing my friends and family, I know these funny, witty, and silly sayings will be perfect for them! So, if you haven't taken a peek at these sets (that are totally made of WIN), then what are you still doing here reading this?! (Just kidding, keep reading and then you can go look!) ;)



For the call you needed to create some samples, and include a card or two that used the sketches on the blog. I used the first and third sketches (done by Heather) from the blog for these two cards:




I'm so utterly grateful and so thankful to Heather for this opportunity, and I can't wait to show you all some of the stamps in action! :) If you want to see some already AMAZING ideas and super cute cards, check out the DT Blog and also check out the incredible sketches by the talented Kim Teasdale who was the Guest Sketch Designer for December!

I've planned out a couple ideas and I'm so excited for when I see my box of stamps on my doorstep...heeeeee! I will be holed up in my craft room getting inky, making a mess, and very much enjoying myself! I'm totally proud to say I'm a Stamp Tramp! I guess reading the list and definition below I've always known it was true, but now its official!

PS - Free Shipping on orders $30 or more for a limited time! So hop to it! Take a look at the stamp store and I'm sure you will be laughing and adding sets to your shopping cart in no time!

**If you heard a rumor there might be some blog candy and free stamp sets coming up...you'd be right! ;) Stay tuned for more details on that!



Here's the definition of a Stamp Tramp:

*Stamp Tramp: N :1a: a saucy girl who will do just about anything for stamps. 1b: one, who was born to stamp, but forced to work. See also Stamp Slut

*Top Ten Signs You Might be a Stamp Tramp:

1.You are actually reading this top ten list

2.Your husband lets you have all the stamps you can hide (HA, soooooo true!!)

3.When people talk stamps, you don’t think Postage (ok seriously, I do this ALL the time!)

4.Your fingers have ink on them right now (when do my fingers NOT have ink on them?)

5.You consider stamplifting “a crime of passion”

6.You spill a little wine on your cardstock and call it an “OFE” (Opportunity for embellishment)

7.You leave your MIB (Man In Brown) little sticky notes like “Please hide the box under the bushes”

8.You like getting dirty (Think ink)

9.You’ve mastered your stamp kissing technique

10.You wash your hands “before” going to the bathroom. ‘Cause there are some places even Stamp Tramps don’t want glitter.

*The above list and definition is Copyright Skipping Stones Design Oct. 2009


Supplies - Everything
CS: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Stamp: Always
Misc: Fancy Pants decorative stick pins, Celery twill, Filigree brads, gemstones

Supplies - True Friend
CS: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Very Vanilla
DSP: MME
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Stamp: True Friend
Misc: Modern Label Punch, Chip grosgrain, buttons

2 comments:

mE said...

Welcome to the team! I love these cards you made for the call and I am so excited to see more of your fabulous schtuff!

~Inky Smiles!
Erin

Barb's Boys said...

OK,one more comment before bed - I just love both of these cards! Colors, layouts, everything...