Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope your day is a fun filled one! This is pre-scheduled as I'm probably hanging out with the family and enjoying our time together by the time you read this!

Oh, and BTW - Jake totally came through on his promise of a new camera! I am the proud owner of a Canon PowerShot SX20 IS!! Can I tell you how much I am already in love with this camera?!! ;)

The Just Buggin team has another set of fun projects for you this week! Be sure to become a follower so you don't miss the daily inspiration we have for you. There's sure to be something for everyone!

The challenge this week is #17 - Inky Fingers - Use ink to alter your die cuts

Now, I don't know about you all, but I LOVE to get all inky and dirty when I'm stamping or crafting! If I don't end up with a few different colors of ink on my fingers (or arms, or face...hehe!) then I know I didn't really have fun. Rest assured that as I type this my fingers are very messy! ;)

I decided that since it is Christmas day I'd do one last Christmas card for a little awhile. I used the Storybook cartridge for all my cuts on this card.



I inked up both the JOY and the 25, along with the marquee shape. These were flat plain letters when I started, and now they have so much texture and look distressed! I wish I would have taken "before" and "after" pictures, haha!


My tip on the blog: Don't be afraid to use inks on dark colors of cardstock! It actually adds lots of dimension!

I really do love adding ink onto darker colors of cardstock. Surprisingly, the ink seems to pop right off, and add a fun texture! For the base patterned paper, I ran it through the Swiss Dots CB folder and then lightly sanded down the bumps. After that I streaked it through my ink pad to bring back the browns, but to give it that distressed look. It looked a little drab with the browns and greens, so a red button pulls everything together! Also, I did a different detail in the buttons to add interest and mix things up!

Oh also, one thing I love to do, is flip over my double sided paper and use the opposite side to get instantly coordinated papers for my project! Both the JOY and 25 cuts were the reverse of the other two patterned papers!

A close up so you can see the textures and other fun things! See, I'm totally loving my new camera!!



Supplies
CS: Chocolate Chip
DSP: My Minds Eye
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Misc: hemp, buttons, Swiss Dots CB folder, Storybook Cricut cartridge, nail file (for sanding)

3 comments:

Lynne said...

love everything about this card!!
Lynne JB DT

Barb's Boys said...

As always, great job! Love the texture and the colors...

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Kandi,
I Love your card, and inking on a dark color really gives it an aged look. Great job!

Robin R :)