Friday, December 18, 2009

Just Buggin #16

This week over at Just Buggin' we're making gifts for our loved ones! What better way to show someone you love them than by giving them a handmade gift?!

Here's the challenge this week: Challenge 16 -Santa's Helper - Make a gift for someone you love!

Now, when I think of my loved ones, I do include my dog, who even though he's a brat, he's still part of our family.

Even though he almost ruined Christmas one year (seriously CRAZY story!), I still love that dog. So I thought my project this week would be geared towards Brecken. He loves having rawhides, so I wanted to make a fun canister to hold all of his treats and rawhides in! Its the gift that keeps on giving, because I'll get lots of use out of it! ;)






Using vinyl, I cut out the dog face with Doodlecharms, and Opposites Attract, All Mixed Up, and Makin' the Grade cartridges for the words Ruff, Bark and Woof. It really was a snap to add these to the canister!

My tip on the blog: Don't forget about the pets in your life this holiday! ;) Adapt this idea to transform your sugar/flour/coffee canisters! To make a little "collar" on my canister, I added brads and some hardware, then secured it in the back with some glue dots.

I hope you are inspired to make a gift for your loved one and share it with us at the Just Buggin Blog!


Supplies
Misc: Canister, Cricut Black Vinyl, ribbon, pewter hodgepodge hardware and brads, Doodlecharms, All Mixed Up, Makin' the Grade, Opposites Attract cartridges

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute Kandi, I'm sure the doggie will just love it.

Lisa
JB-DT

Lynne said...

Lucky dog!! That is a super cute treat holder!
Lynne JB DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

very cute! I know my dog would love it, so I'm sure yours will too.

Christine said...

I love your doggy treat jar. If I had a clear jar my doggy would just sit and stare at it all day wanting a treat!

Blessings,
Christine

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Kandi,
Did I tell you how cute this treat holder was... well, it is really cute!!! Great idea, you are always so clever. :)

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Kandi

I usually leave my comments on the Just Buggin Design Blog, but I am going to leave them on the individual blog now.

This is really cute and I love it.

k x

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

How nice not to forget our furry friends :) Love it!!!