Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Just Buggin #15 Challenge!

Wow! Can you believe we are almost two weeks away from Christmas?! This year has just flown by for me, how about you?! Today my project was revealed at Just Buggin', and I am so excited to share my project with you!

The challenge this week is Happy Holidays - Make a winter holiday or Christmas themed project!

I love surprising my kids with fun little things I make, and this one is sure to be a hit this year! This fun pillow box is filled with dry oats and glitter for the reindeer! This little box of "Reindeer Food" has a poem on the back telling the kids to sprinkle it on the lawn so Santa's reindeer can find our house.


My tip on the blog: Create a fun surprise for kids by combining dry oats and glitter in a ziploc baggie. Dress up the packaging and include a little poem with instructions so Santa's reindeer can find them easily! ;)





I found this pillow box at a local paper supply company, and knew exactly what I wanted to do with it! I stamped the festive stars and swirls in Versamark, and then the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. Then I added the ribbon, a button, and a fun scallop circle. Rudolph was cut out at 3.5 inches on the Doodlecharms cartridge and layered together. Stickles on his nose, and a few gemstones, and I was done with the front! The back has the typed and printed poem to finish it off.

I hope you enjoyed this project, and I'd love to see your take on the challenge! Remember to upload your creations by Wednesday the 16th at midnight EST on the Just Buggin blog!


Supplies
CS:
Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Real Red, Kraft
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cocoa (for sponging on Rudolph), Versamark
Stamp:Festive Favorites, Deer Friend
Misc: Doodlecharms cartridge, scallop circle, 1 1/4 in. circle punch, pillow box, Real Red polka dot ribbon, linen thread, DMC floss, gemstones (by The Paper Studio), Stickles

6 comments:

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Great Kandi, thanks bunches, another thing to make for my son's class for next week.

Super cute.

Lisa
JB-DT

Saxo Stamper said...

This is super cute and such a nice sentiment behind it.

Best wishes
karen
JB DT

Ladybug Designs said...

Very cute!!!!!

Robin's Creative Cottage said...

Hi Kandi,
This little box is so adorable! This was such a fun tradition in our family when the girls were younger. They even thought if you sprinkle oats on the kitchen floor then they would catch a horse...some how a horse never came to eat those oats on the floor... too cute!

Lynne said...

very cute!! That reindeer is one of my favorite cuts on that cart!

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

You know I love it :)
Sammye Jo JB DT
www.62cards.blogspot.com