Saturday, December 5, 2009

DCRU Challenge!

Every year I say this will be the year that I'm on top of the little gifts for the kids' teachers, and mine and Jake's co-workers. But, each year I get so caught up in everything else that I wind up with nothing to give. This year though, YES, this is the year!

Thanks to the challenge posted on the DCRU blog, I now have my projects well under way! I finished the teacher presents today, and I'll finish the co-worker gifties tomorrow. I am so excited!

Here are the little mugs I put together for their teachers. I bought these mugs at the dollar store two years ago and they've been collecting dust in my craft room since. Well, they finally were put to use! I stamped and punched the image, and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice from SU so its all glittery and snowy looking! After a little ribbon and button treatment, and adding the tag, its done! I scopped cocoa and marshmallows into clear bags, and then wrapped celophane around the chocolate covered spoons. I did about 50 of these spoons this morning, so I have plenty to make my co-worker gifts!

Also, I don't know if you can see them very well, but I dug these buttons out of my stash. I was so excited to find two matching ones! They have sparkles under the surface so they totally shine all over and match the glittery tags. So fun!




Supplies
CS: Whisper White, Brocade Blue
Ink: Brocade Blue, Versamark
Stamp: Deer Friends
Misc: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, 1 in. circle punch, scallop circle punch, Brocade Blue ribbon, felt snowflakes, button, silver cord

6 comments:

62 Cards - Sammye Jo said...

Seriously, I want to be your kiddos teahcer! How adorable are these!!! Thanks for playing with us at DCRU DT Blog!
Sammye Jo - *DCRU DT*
www.62cards.blogspot.com

Gwen said...

Kandi these are fantastic! So, so cute and practical. Who wouldn't want a nice hot mug to warm up with? What a great idea!

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Cara said...

Kandi, wow, these are adorable!! I just love snowmen!! Thanks for joining DCRU this week!!
Cara DCRU DT

Tammy said...

What beautiful gifts! I wish I was one of your kids' teachers!! I teach high school though--teacher gifts normally stop by then ;)

Amber said...

BEAUTIFUL Kandi!!! Love this idea! Such terrific gifts!
Amber *DCRU DT*

LORi said...

Super fabulous!!